Synonym: amount, extent, grade, honor, measure, notch, period, rank, step, title. Similar words: the greenhouse effect, degrade, degradation, regret, green, greet, Greek, agree. Meaning: [dɪ'griː] n. 1. a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality 2. a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process 3. an award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study 4. a unit of temperature on a specified scale 5. a measure for arcs and angles 6. the highest power of a term or variable 7. the seriousness of something (e.g., a burn or crime).
Random good picture Not show
2. There is a degree of ambiguity in this statement.
3. I agree with you to a certain degree.
4. She had an undergraduate degree in psychology.
5. The chairman agree with me to a certain degree.
6. This job demands a high degree of skill.
7. He received a doctor's degree.
8. She has a degree in sociology and politics.
9. The university conferred its highest degree on the statesman.
10. Water freezes at 0 degree.
11. She graduated from Cambridge with a degree in law.
12. Her job demands a high degree of skill.
13. She is scrupulous to a degree.
14. A degree is prerequisite for employment at this level.
15. It was boring to the nth degree.
16. The various forces to a large degree canceled out.
17. None of us should ever underestimate the degree of difficulty women face in career advancement.
18. Government inspections ensure a high degree of uniformity in the standard of service.
19. The production line involves a high degree of specialization of labour.
20. The journey round Cape Horn demanded a high degree of seamanship.
20. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
21. One's real value first lies in to what degree and what sense he set himself.
22. Sons followed their fathers 'trade with a high degree of regularity.
23. He taught himself to carve to a high degree of proficiency.
24. Blessedness is of comparative degree(sentencedict.com),you will feel it with more ease when there is something under you.
25. His plan is to get a degree in economics and then work abroad for a year.
26. Students who achieve an acceptable standard will progress to degree studies.
27. She was in graduate school, studying for a master's degree in social work.
28. He was born in Zimbabwe where he completed his first degree in economics.
29. It was delightful news for me to learn that you have received a Doctor's Degree from Chicago University.To have reached this milestone at a young age is simple great.I really envy you the opportunities that lie ahead.Hearty congratulations.
30. Wealth is a friend, but a friend is permanent wealth; the honor is a glory, life is a permanent root; degree is a knowledge, learning is the eternal wisdom!
More similar words: the greenhouse effect, degrade, degradation, regret, green, greet, Greek, agree, regressive, agree to, agree on, disagree, agree with, agreement, agreeable, disagreeable, a bad egg, degenerate, begrudge, integrate, cablegram, integrity, integrated, integration, middle ground, on the grounds of, great, free, tree, creep.