Synonym: muffle, smother, strangle, suffocate. Antonym: breathe. Similar words: poke, joke, broke, smoke, evoke, broker, stroke, broken. Meaning: [tʃəʊk] n. 1. a coil of low resistance and high inductance used in electrical circuits to pass direct current and attenuate alternating current 2. a valve that controls the flow of air into the carburetor of a gasoline engine. v. 1. breathe with great difficulty, as when experiencing a strong emotion 2. be too tight; rub or press 3. wring the neck of 4. constrict (someone's) throat and keep from breathing 5. struggle for breath; have insufficient oxygen intake 6. fail to perform adequately due to tension or agitation 7. check or slow down the action or effect of 8. become or cause to become obstructed 9. impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of 10. become stultified, suppressed, or stifled 11. suppress the development, creativity, or imagination of 12. pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life 13. reduce the air supply 14. cause to retch or choke.
Random good picture Not show
3. Big mouthfuls ofter choke.
4. Very small toys can choke a baby.
4. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
5. The panic rising in his throat threatened to choke him.
6. The fumes from the burning tyres made her choke.
7. Peanuts can choke a small child.
8. She gave a little choke of laughter.
9. Weeds can quickly choke delicate garden plants.
10. You mustn't choke up so far on the bat.
11. The smoke was beginning to choke her lungs.
12. Children can choke on peanuts.
13. A small child could choke on the doll's hair.
14. They began to choke up in the last innings.
15. For saving face Mary had to choke down the manager's insult.
16. Our basketball team began to choke up in the last quarter.
17. The brandy made him choke[sentencedict.com], but it restored his nerve.
18. The plant will soon choke ponds and waterways if left unchecked.
19. It is feared that higher interest rates might choke off economic recovery.
20. He had to choke up 300 pounds to pay his creditors.
21. Always ensure that the choke chain is positioned correctly.
22. Give it a bit more choke.
23. I saw her sob and begin to choke.
24. They warned the Chancellor that raising taxes in the Budget could choke off the recovery.
25. If the car won't start, try giving it a bit more choke .
26. When she learned the sad news, she found it hard to choke back her tears.
27. The coffee was almost too hot to swallow and made him choke for a moment.
28. A coin went down his throat and he started to choke.
29. You must ensure that an unconscious person does not choke on their own vomit.
30. When she learned the sad news, she found it hard to choke dawn her tears.