Synonym: argot, bank, bevel, buzzword, camber, cant over, chamfer, jargon, lingo, patois, pious platitude, pitch, slang, slant, tilt, vernacular. Similar words: can't, ant, want, pant, rant, ante, scant, ANTS. Meaning: [kænt] n. 1. stock phrases that have become nonsense through endless repetition 2. a slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force 3. a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves) 4. insincere talk about religion or morals 5. two surfaces meeting at an angle different from 90 degrees. v. heel over.
Random good picture Not show
1. They always cant about world peace.
2. He knows thieves' cant.
3. Cant you hear when I call A little love is all I ask.
4. There has been a great deal of politician's cant.
5. The ship took on a dangerous cant to port.
6. His viewpoint is remarkably free of idealism or cant.
7. The stats cant leap to his defence either.
8. Their cant was not religious but phrenological.
9. If you cant conceptualize a job in less than forty words, you won't be able to conceptualize the job clearly at all.
10. But what about the cant of usury and the mode of treating that he ought to know?
11. Cant about the free market creating opportunities for poor people is meaningless when wealth calls all the shots.
12. Here there were none of the accustomed party cant or heroics about the Revolution.
13. We cant take time to talk to the stylist before they wield the scissors.
14. You cant buy a penthouse with a gold star.
15. A nark cant keep something in dark.
16. I cant tell why this heart languishes in silence.
17. It'seems i always cant mix up with the tech.
18. Cant forBear criticizing their ineptitude.
19. The Prefect was fond of the cant of diplomacy.
20. Im just ignorant(sentencedict.com), you cant say that am stupid.
21. Ellie: Manny, you cant pick favorites with your kids!
22. I cant do my homework and I cant look straight.
23. Shelley's friendship with Byron was rooted in their shared contempt for cant and hypocrisy.
24. Many people I know deplore the digging of these cant quarries and call them ugly eyesores and the rape of the country.
24. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
25. Along with that sound goes the overpowering stench of mendacity and cant.
26. Instantly, Penn establishes himself as an unsympathetic Satan, even before he starts his white-supremacist cant.
27. And yet their eyes, their lips, a certain shy grin or quizzical cant of an eyebrow, look strangely familiar.
28. If there was one thing that he hated fervently it was affectation and cant.
29. The no-load test and short-circuit test can mensurate parameters of asynchronous motor, but cant separate stator reactance from rotor reactance.
30. The implementation of the minimum subsistence allowance system for the urban resident has met the basic needs of the urban poor, but still cant help them get rid of poverty and develop themselves.