Synonym: clasp, close, fasten, hook. Antonym: unbutton. Similar words: button up, put to, cotton, butt, mutter, shuttle, scuttle, butterfly. Meaning: ['bʌtn] n. 1. a round fastener sewn to shirts and coats etc to fit through buttonholes 2. an electrical switch operated by pressing 3. any of various plant parts that resemble buttons 4. a round flat badge displaying information and suitable for pinning onto a garment 5. a female sexual organ homologous to the penis 6. a device that when pressed will release part of a mechanism 7. any artifact that resembles a button. v. 1. provide with buttons 2. fasten with buttons.
Random good picture Not show
1. Gender issues have become something of a hot button.
2. The top button of his shirt was undone.
3. I don't care a button about it.
4. This button is for adjusting the volume.
5. He inserted the cassette and pressed the 'play' button.
6. You must press this button to start the radio.
7. Press this button to start the engine.
8. Button up before going out.
9. I pushed the button to turn on the radio.
10. Please press the button down.
11. The little girl depressed the button.
12. A button was missing from his shirt.
13. Press the button to start the machine.
14. He soaked Haas on the button.
15. His shirt gapes open with a button missing.
16. The top button popped off my shirt.
17. Burke pushed the button and the elevator began its slow ascent.
18. Let's push this button.
19. The fuse blew as he pressed the button to start the motor.
20. Abortion is still one of the hot button issues of US life.
21. Which button do I press to turn the radio on?
22. Give the button a slight press and the music would die.
23. First let's button the facts down(sentencedict.com), then we can plan ahead.
24. Can you sew a button on for me?
25. I put my money in the slot and pressed the button but nothing came out.
26. The pressure of steam in the engine is controlled by this button.
27. He saw her jab her thumb on a red button — a panic button.
27. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and make good sentences.
28. Simply point your camera at the subject and press the button.
29. Don't worry if you have had a bad day. We each have a reset button. It's called tomorrow.
30. Rodney put the recorder on the desk top and pushed the play button.
More similar words: button up, put to, cotton, butt, mutter, shuttle, scuttle, butterfly, tone, get on, put through, cut through, act on, sit on, put on, fit to, wait on, rest on, at once, next to, count on, admit to, adapt to, point to, ought to, get together, react to, comment on, all at once, autonomy.