Similar words: turn to, return ticket, entail, entailment, burnt, tail, burn the midnight oil, burn the candle at both ends. Meaning: v. flee; take to one's heels; cut and run.
Random good picture Not show
1) The dog turned tail when he saw the man pick up a stone to throw at him.
2) As soon as they saw we had guns, they turned tail and ran away.
3) As soon as they saw us coming they turned tail and ran.
4) When they heard the sirens, they turned tail and ran.
5) The youths, startled by his unexpected appearance, turned tail and ran.
6) She wanted to turn tail and run, but she couldn't have stood herself if she appeared such a coward.
7) He caught sight of a few others, but they turned tail and vanished when they saw him through the mist.
8) If one animal suddenly turns tail,[http://sentencedict.com/turn tail.html] it is liable to be attacked and might get injured.
9) Imperialism turn tail and ran away.
10) Jockeys turn tail during the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile thoroughbred horse race at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif. November 7.
11) When the chips were down, these people didn't turn tail and knuckle under.
12) But that's no reason to turn tail and run whenever Khomeini shouts Yankee, Go home!
13) After the crash, the vehicle to turn tail and run.
14) It was astonishing to observe how suddenly the boat would spin around and turn tail.
15) If it is not squeaky clean , investors could turn tail , raising the country's borrowing costs.
16) When Jesus tells them clearly that the future is bleak and that suffering and death waits them, they do not turn tail.
17) At the Pentagon, however, senior naval officials appear smugly confident that the Chinese would turn tail once the U. S. carriers show up like the cavalry.
18) There was only one conceivable reason this lone Covenant destroyer would turn tail.
More similar words: turn to, return ticket, entail, entailment, burnt, tail, burn the midnight oil, burn the candle at both ends, tail off, detail, tailor, retail, curtail, in detail, detailed, retailer, turn, contain, turn on, u-turn, curtailment, plantain, fountain, mountain, in turn, upturn, saturn, turn off, return, turnout.