Synonym: root, settle, settle down, steady down. Similar words: take the road, uproot, rooted, grassroots, hit the roof, maker, breaker, speaker. Meaning: v. become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style.
Random good picture Not show
(2) I hope those cuttings will take root.
(3) Time would be needed for democracy to take root.
(4) Fortunately, militarism failed to take root in Europe as a whole.
(5) Economists believe that economic recovery will begin to take root next year.
(6) Faith in collective bargaining could not take root.
(7) Women's professional basketball has yet to take root in this country.
(8) Even in cases where transplants manage to take root, the results are not always beneficial.
(9) These spores take root in the Night Goblin's flesh and gradually start to change him.
(10) We hope the transplanted orange trees will take root.
(11) New principles rarely take root in Washington's stony soil.
(12) WHY did communism take root?
(13) It cannot take root for lack of soil.
(14) The idea gradually began to take root.
(15) We hope the transplanted apple trees will take root.
(16) But we can be smarter about creating the conditions that enable such systems to take root.
(17) Each year thereafter new species blow in from outside the fence and take root.
(18) From the day that Michael Codron became interested in producing the show[http://Sentencedict.com], I felt the cutting take root.
(19) Reproductions is by the separation of daughter plants which arise on the leaf margins or fully developed specimens and take root readily.
(20) The human spirit is not dead. It lives on in secret.... It has come to believe that compassion, in which all ethics must take root, can only attain its full breadth and depth if it embraces all living creatures and does not limit itself to mankind. Albert Schweitzer
(21) Then they may feel morally devalued and a new standard of behavior can take root: the good of the service.
(22) The institution of a high level global barter system might soon take root.
(23) The pegged - down branches of the plant will take root.
(24) When in doubt, a gardener will try more plants or kinds of plants and see which take root; a landscaper may default to less.
(25) But I regarding information system's interest at very small time starts to take root to germinate.
(26) They think thoughts of abundance and wealth, and they do not allow any contradictory thoughts to take root in their minds. Their predominant thoughts are of wealth.
(27) Japanese electronics, auto adhesives, and silicon-production facility require highly skilled labor and cannot take root overnight in another southeast Asian nation.
(28) The Chinese modern plane design regarding the China traditional culture model, cannot be the superficial graphic solution with borrows, is must truly take root the national spirit.
(29) Also bare patches of ground leave room for weeds to take root.
(30) And it is my belief that a government of the people and for the people can take root only in the country where people have much concern for others.
More similar words: take the road, uproot, rooted, grassroots, hit the roof, maker, breaker, speaker, lawmaker, take, stake, takeoff, take up, take to, takeout, take off, take on, take out, take in, take for, take care, take down, mistake, take hold, take away, at stake, take over, take time, take part, take note of.