Synonym: artificer, discoverer. Similar words: inventory, invent, invented, inventive, invention, investor, investigator, investment. Meaning: [ɪn'ventə(r)] n. someone who is the first to think of or make something.
Random good picture Not show
1. The government patented the device to its inventor.
2. The Rubik cube derives its name from its inventor.
3. The inventor had an original mind.
4. The machine takes its name from its inventor.
5. The inventor is trying to market his new product.
6. The machine is named after its inventor.
7. Edison won his spurs as an inventor while rather young.
8. He became famous as an inventor of astonishing visual and aural effects.
9. The royalties enabled the inventor to re-establish himself in business.
10. French artist and inventor of the daguerreotype process for obtaining positive photographic prints.
11. Franklin was a scientist, an inventor, and a statesman.
12. But the great inventor was not at a loss.
13. Marconi was the inventor of radio.
14. Inventor Mike Godwin has created Cozydry - the ultimate luxury in bathroom aids.
15. Its inventor looks like he's on a flying visit to the twentieth century.
16. It is the duty of the inventor to build a new gestalt for the old one in the framework of society.
17. Richardson was the inventor of the cane-spliced cricket bat and a catapult for bowling which was successfully used for many years.
18. The inventor may not be the best man to develop and manufacture the product.
18. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
19. But one inventor thinks he has the answer - a building material made of straw that can withstand very high temperatures.
20. But the inventor refuses to make his equipment available for controlled scientific tests.
21. Lister was the inventor of several mechanical processes which made his fortune, and he duly became Lord Masham.
22. The Wurzel is the most sophisticated and its inventor has studied heron behaviour and come up with a radical audible warn-off.
23. Alexander Bain, the inventor, devised a way of skimming raised metallic letters with a stylus attached to a pendulum.
24. Every great inventor or scientist has had to unlearn conventional wisdom in order to proceed with his work.
25. For start-ups it was the lone inventor in a garage.
26. According to the inventor, the ear generates a reference signal which mixes with incoming sounds to produce a composite signal.
27. The Nobel Medal bears the image of the great Swedish inventor.
28. In my youth my ambition had been to be an inventor.
29. Nobody thought that he had turned out a great inventor.
30. In 1856, his second cousin Coleman Sellers, a brilliant inventor, joined him from Cincinnati.
More similar words: inventory, invent, invented, inventive, invention, investor, investigator, investment, mentor, convenient, convention, inconvenient, conventional, direct investment, investment banker, in the event of, unconventional, stentorian, constitutional convention, invest, inverse, inverted, invective, inveterate, investigate, convene, investigation, convenience, guarantor, promontory.