Synonym: barb, blastoff, changeable, chatoyant, crack, dead reckoning, dig, gibe, guess, guessing, guesswork, injection, iridescent, jibe, nip, pellet, scene, shaft, shooter, shooting, slam, snap, snapshot, stab, stroke. Similar words: a big shot, slingshot, hot, photo, hotel, hothead, each other, hot money. Meaning: [ʃɑt /ʃɒt] n. 1. an attempt to score in a game 2. (sports) the act of swinging or striking at a ball with a club or racket or bat or cue or hand 3. the act of firing a projectile 4. a chance to do something 5. the act of putting a liquid into the body by means of a syringe 6. a solid missile discharged from a firearm 7. an informal photograph; usually made with a small hand-held camera 8. a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film 9. informal words for any attempt or effort 10. an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect 11. a blow hard enough to cause injury 12. a small drink of liquor 13. sports equipment consisting of a heavy metal ball used in the shot put 14. a person who shoots (usually with respect to their ability to shoot) 15. the launching of a missile or spacecraft to a specified destination 16. an explosive charge used in blasting 17. an estimate based on little or no information. adj. varying in color when seen in different lights or from different angles.
Random good picture Not show
1. He hit at the bull's-eye in one shot.
2. Lisa shot him a venomous glance.
3. He shot the bird with his gun.
4. He was shot by a lone gunman.
5. The photographer shot the usual roll of pictures.
6. The hill echoed back the noise of the shot.
7. The crowd cheered as the goalkeeper deflected the shot.
8. He's acting like a hot shot.
9. The deceased shot her mother before killing herself.
10. The film was shot on location in France.
11. The goat fell dead immediately when we shot it.
12. Someone took a shot at the car.
13. Her novel is shot through with a haunting lyricism.
14. The postmaster was shot dead by the robbers.
15. His arm was shot off in a battle.
16. A group of zebras started up by a shot.
17. He drew the bow and shot an arrow.
18. There was a shot,[sentencedict.com] and the bird fell dead.
19. She was shot by her jilted lover.
20. He shot her at point-blank range.
21. He's a big shot in Chilean politics.
22. He was shot down by enemy fighters .
23. The shot was clearly audible in the silence.
24. Two men were shot during fierce fighting last weekend.
25. His shot on goal rebounded off the post.
26. Air fares have shot up by 20%.
27. Sales shot up by 9% last month.
28. The archer's shot was a perfect bull's-eye.
29. The soldiers shot the three saboteurs.
30. They claimed to have shot down one incoming missile.
More similar words: a big shot, slingshot, hot, photo, hotel, hothead, each other, hot money, hotline, photocell, dichotomy, telephoto, photograph, a hot potato, photogenic, photocopier, photography, photographer, show, photosynthesis, photochemistry, shout, shop, show in, show up, shower, shoal, show off, short, shove.