Synonym: calm, calm down, chill out, cool it, cool off, root, settle, simmer down, steady down, take root. Similar words: settle, settle for, settlement, bottled, unsettling, little by little, little, cattle. Meaning: v. 1. settle into a position, usually on a surface or ground 2. become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style 3. become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation.
Random good picture Not show
1. I'm not ready to settle down yet.
2. Come on children, stop chatting and settle down please!
3. One day I'll want to settle down and have a family.
4. The contents of the packet may settle down in travelling.
5. When are you going to marry and settle down?
6. Did you settle down in the school?
7. He's just a drifter he can't settle down anywhere.
8. You have to settle down to study now.
9. I'm sure things will settle down soon.
10. Shh! Settle down please! Now turn to page 57.
11. Now, come on, settle down!
12. He should get a house and settle down.
13. She felt she wasn't yet ready to settle down.
14. Becky's not ready to settle down with one man - she enjoys playing the field too much.
15. Once he shows he can be bought, they settle down to a regular payment.
16. I want to live a bit before I settle down.
17. He could have a change of heart and settle down to family life.
18. Wait until the children settle down before you start the lesson.
19. He has given up his freewheeling lifestyle to settle down with his baby daughter.
20. It always takes the class a while to settle down at the start of the lesson.
21. They'd like to see their daughter settle down, get married, and have kids.
22. When are you going to settle down and get a proper job ?
23. If the kids don't settle down soon, I'll go up and read them the riot act.
24. She's had her fling and now she's got to settle down.
25. Education remains in a state of flux which will take some time to settle down.
26. There comes a point in most people's lives when they want to settle down.
27. So many different ideas are milling about in my head, but I can't settle down to work on any one of them.
28. Tom, when are you going to stop tearing around and settle down?
28. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
29. What tends to happen is that students spend the first week of the course in a blind panic, but settle down by the second or third week.
30. I want to get boxing out of my system and settle down to enjoy family life.
More similar words: settle, settle for, settlement, bottled, unsettling, little by little, little, cattle, a little, scuttle, shuttle, setting, lie down, come down, take down, write down, close down, set down, get the better of, so-called, chilled, skilled, weed out, feed on, washed out, troubled, disabled, detailed, letter, based on.