Synonym: close out, eliminate, preclude, reject, rule in, winnow out. Similar words: rule of law, rule, ruled, ruler, as a rule, virulent, miranda rule, single out. Meaning: v. 1. make impossible, especially beforehand 2. include or exclude by determining judicially or in agreement with rules 3. dismiss from consideration or a contest.
Random good picture Not show
(1) But this does not rule out unofficial discussions.
(2) Rule out neatly any words which you don't wish the examiner to read.
(3) It's not likely to happen but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.
(4) He refused to rule out the possibility of a tax increase.
(5) I won't rule out a June election.
(6) The Constitution did not definitively rule out divorce.
(7) They didn't rule out coalition with the Social Democrats.
(8) We cannot rule out the possibility of mistaken identity.
(9) She has refused to rule out the possibility of singing again.
(10) The tissue is examined microscopically to rule out or confirm cancer.
(11) The regulations rule out anyone under the age of eighteen.
(12) We would not rule out the possibility of re-entering the B2C market if conditions change.
(13) Rule out a misspell word.
(14) Does he rule out any constitutional change?
(15) This does not rule out evolution by mutation and selection.
(16) So we can probably rule out the theory that he is indulging in a weekly exercise in make-believe.
(17) Pragmatism does not rule out any theory about what makes a community better.
(18) Lord Mackay appeared to rule out an extension of legal aid to cover defamation cases.
(19) But inference from context would rule out such an interpretation in this story.
(20) The restrictions rule out a lot of suits that women can buy off the shelf.
(21) We must, as I said,(sentencedict.com) take care not to rule in or rule out any one solution.
(22) No one has been able to create purified prions in a system that would rule out the presence of viruses.
(23) But Marino said the DNA analysis does not completely rule out Sam Sheppard as a source of the blood.
(24) But she laid out several principles that would appear to rule out control of Conrail by either railroad.
(25) Regional health authority officers have denied any plans for a merger but have failed to rule out the idea altogether. Sentencedict.com
(26) A cervical spine x-ray should always be done to rule out fracture and / or subluxation.
(27) This usually occurred indirectly, but none the less effectively introducing this information which Parliament had tried to rule out as admissible evidence.
(28) But none are so pervasive, nor so completely satisfactory, that they rule out the need for other lines of explanation.
(29) Members of three such generations have been discovered; until recently there was no evidence from particle physics to rule out more.
(30) The very high quality of the tape recordings also seems to rule out amateur enthusiasts.
More similar words: rule of law, rule, ruled, ruler, as a rule, virulent, miranda rule, single out, majority rule, exclusionary rule, ruling, unruly, galileo, smile on, leopard, napoleon, querulous, garrulous, a couple of, chameleon, a bundle of, joule, amulet, in the middle of, paleontology, nodule, pustule, opulent, schedule, paleontologist.