Random good picture Not show
1. Home rule and decentralisation will ensure that economic power and prosperity is spread throughout Britain.
2. In Parliament he was a determined opponent of home rule.
3. Home rule and proportional representation are the means by which we shall break the stranglehold of Westminster.
4. In 1878, Congress abolished what remained of home rule and took over the District.
5. A fervent supporter of Home Rule, he had converted to the Roman Catholic faith.
6. During the home rule crisis in 1885, Harland made secret preparations to withdraw to mainland Britain if the situation became intolerable.
7. The islanders are demanding home rule.
8. Municipal reformers also fought hard to obtain home rule and an end to legislative interference in municipal administration.
9. In 1954 New Orleans finally received a strong home rule charter, which substituted a mayor-council form of government for the mayor-commission form that had existed since 1912.
10. Greenland celebrated home rule from Denmark by distributing two tonnes of rare whale meat.
11. Irish statesman who opposed home rule for Ulster and was Northern Ireland's first prime minister ( 1921 - 1940 ).
12. Home rule for Scotland would be accompanied by a similar measure for Wales.
13. Irish statesman who opposed home rule for Ulster and was Northern Ireland's first prime minister (92-940).
14. Limited home rule was granted by the Danish government in 1874, and protectorate-like independence and sovereignty over domestic matters followed in 1918.
15. If the former, then they have to accept that different unions are possible, devolved, home rule, federal.
16. Politically he was a radical, keenly interested in free trade and home rule.
17. He was mayor of Belfast in 1885-7 and helped co-ordinate the campaign against the home rule bill.
18. Everywhere an unspoken question seemed to hang heavily in the air: Would we have been better off without Home Rule?
19. As part of the Kingdom of Denmark , Greenland, Denmark's presence on behalf of its authority to Denmark as the Greenland Home Rule Government and the transfer of power significantly reduced.
20. This combination is the "Haozu community, " then be summed up as "prestige home rule" (p. 266).
21. He set out his views in "Hind Swaraj or Indian Home Rule, " a book written feverishly, in nine days, in November, 1909.
22. Denmark has ruled Greenland since the 18th century. It conceded limited home rule only in 1979 (Greenland chose to leave the then European Community in 1985).
23. By the 1920s, however, suburbs in many parts of the country began to incorporate and to assert home rule, hemming cities in.
24. Tom Gallagher is a longtime student of Scottish politics and a sympathiser with Scottish home rule who now teaches at Bradford University.
25. She was a powerful force in the campaign for Indian Home Rule before Gandhi and later Nehru took over.
26. The question of state interference in city affairs versus home rule was long a major issue.
27. Sharing threats, some of which resonate even to this day, and which has been revealed later,[sentencedict.com] would bring them face to face with IRA men fighting for Irish home rule .
28. 1913 – The United Kingdom's House of Lords rejects the Irish Home Rule Bill.
More similar words: rule, querulous, come home, ruler, ruled, rule out, as a rule, virulent, overrule, rule of law, miranda rule, rule of thumb, majority rule, home, get home, at home, exclusionary rule, homeland, homeless, homework, homesick, drive home, homestead, homeostasis, take-home pay, homesickness, customer, come round, at home and abroad, boomerang.