Synonym: grasp, hang in, hang on, hold the line, keep, persevere, persist, stop. Similar words: hold on to, hold out, get hold of, pull down, done, donor, done in, hand on. Meaning: v. 1. hold firmly 2. stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments 3. be persistent, refuse to stop 4. hold the phone line open 5. retain possession of.
Random good picture Not show
(1) Hold on to me tight.
(2) Hold on tight and don't let go!
(3) Hold on, I'll check in my diary.
(4) Would you like to hold on?
(5) Hold on, it gets better than you know.
(6) Love makes you hold on to things you wouldn't have been able to.
(7) Hold on for a minute,I've just got to put on my makeup.
(8) Hold on the phone for a second. Let me find a pen to write down your phone number.
(9) I feel a bit tired. However, I can hold on.
(10) Everybody can fly without wings when they hold on to their dreams.
(11) Firms are now keen to hold on to the people they recruit.
(12) With all the love a heart can hold on your birthday.On this special occasion,I want you to know it is you who make my life meaningful.My love for you is more than I can express.I am to share every day with you till the end of my life. Happy birthday!
(13) Hold on to your ticket - you'll need it later.
(14) The party has kept its tenacious hold on power for more than twenty years.
(15) They have strengthened their hold on the troops.
(16) They determined to hold on to the last.
(17) This had weakened his hold on power.
(18) Can you hold on a minute, please?
(19) He tightened his hold on her.
(20) The military has tightened its hold on the country. Sentencedict.com
(21) She finally released her hold on me.
(22) Hold on to the third block, then turn left.
(23) The allies lost their hold on northern France.
(24) We were told to hold on in the position.
(25) Can you hold on? I'll see if he's here.
(26) Hold on, this will only take half a second.
(27) He lost his hold on the rope.
(28) She released her tight hold on the dog.
(29) You can't cling to the past, because no matter how tightly you hold on, it's already gone.
(30) Affectionate birthday greetings.Birthday means a new beginning and a new chance to take hold on life.
More similar words: hold on to, hold out, get hold of, pull down, done, donor, done in, hand on, pardon, feed on, head on, off and on, donate, abandon, don't care, based on, hold, donation, whole, holy, hold up, hold in, hold down, as a whole, scholar, household, hold back, hold water, on the whole, threshold.