Synonym: coast, flee, glide, insect, run away, sail, wing. Antonym: crash, fall. Similar words: briefly, butterfly, flying colours. Meaning: [flaɪ] n. 1. two-winged insects characterized by active flight 2. flap consisting of a piece of canvas that can be drawn back to provide entrance to a tent 3. an opening in a garment that is closed by a zipper or by buttons concealed under a fold of cloth 4. (baseball) a hit that flies up in the air 5. fisherman's lure consisting of a fishhook decorated to look like an insect. v. 1. travel through the air; be airborne 2. move quickly or suddenly 3. fly a plane 4. transport by aeroplane 5. cause to fly or float 6. be dispersed or disseminated 7. change quickly from one emotional state to another 8. pass away rapidly 9. travel in an airplane 10. display in the air or cause to float 11. run away quickly 12. travel over (an area of land or sea) in an aircraft 13. hit a fly 14. decrease rapidly and disappear. adj. (British informal) not to be deceived or hoodwinked.
Random good picture Not show
7. Pleasant hours fly past.
10. Pleasant hours fly fast.
12. There isn't enough wind to fly a kite.
13. I'll fly to London tomorrow.
14. The plane did not fly the usual commercial route.
15. Whether you fail or fly, at least you tried.
16. Birds can fly with their wings.
17. They let fly a shower of arrows.
18. Harry had considerable success dapping with the natural fly.
19. A bird's wings enable it to fly.
20. Paper plane fly farther take away my heart.
21. Birds' wings enable them to fly.
22. Birds fly in the air.
22. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
23. We will fly from Chicago's O'Hare airport.
24. Birds have the inborn ability to fly.
25. When you can fly, don't give up flying.
26. Was the fly alive or dead?
27. Sometimes you have to fall before you can fly.
28. We can't fly high because we overweigh ourselves.
29. Birds fly in the sky.
More similar words: briefly, butterfly, flying colours.