Synonym: average, normal. Similar words: part and parcel, pare, par., part, park, spare, compare, parry. Meaning: [pɑr /pɑː] n. 1. (golf) the standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course 2. a state of being essentially equal or equivalent; equally balanced. v. make a score (on a hole) equal to par.
Random good picture Not show
1. He is the elder statesman par excellence.
2. She went round the course in three under par.
3. Par for the course is 72.
3. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
4. The wages of clerks were on a par with those of manual workers.
5. He has been a meticulous manager, a manager par excellence.
6. This is undoubtedly the cooking chocolate par excellence.
7. I didn't think her performance was up to par.
8. The TV programme was not up to par tonight.
9. He said long hours are par for the course.
10. He was five under par after the first round.
11. Are you feeling a bit under par?
12. Teaching in some subjects has been well below par.
13. The notes are currently trading at 10% above par.
14. Her work hasn't been up to par lately.
15. Tiger Woods finished the round 10 below/under par.
16. His performance was not up to par.
17. The champion was playing well below par.
18. Your shares are at par.
19. The last hole is a par five.
20. These 2 things are on a par .
21. She turned out to be an organizer par excellence.
22. Duffy's primitive guitar playing is well below par.
23. His performance at the concert was well under par.
24. I'm feeling a bit below par today.
25. Bresson is par excellence the Catholic film-maker.
26. Drama critics have put her on a level/par with the great Shakespearean actresses.
27. We will have Christmas decorations on a par with anything on show at the MetroCentre.
28. The regeneration of the city's downtown dock front will put it on a par with Nice or Cannes.
29. I may take tomorrow off if I'm still feeling under par.
30. You don't need to worry. Your work is well above par.