Antonym: surrender. Similar words: in question, quest, guest, request, question, questionnaire, beyond question, out of the question. Meaning: ['kɒŋkwest] n. 1. the act of conquering 2. success in mastering something difficult 3. an act of winning the love or sexual favor of someone.
Random good picture Not show
1. His family traces back to the Norman Conquest.
2. He had led the conquest of southern Poland in 1939.
3. We are hoping that the conquest of cancer is imminent.
4. The conditions of conquest are always easy. We have but to toil awhile, endure awhile, believe always, and never turn back.
5. I think you've made a conquest.
6. He continued to expand his kingdom by conquest.
7. This land is ours by right of conquest.
8. The Normans ruled England by right of conquest.
9. After the Norman Conquest the forest became a royal hunting preserve.
10. Steve seems to have made a real conquest of Lily. They're always together.
11. The conquest of inflation has been the Government's overriding economic priority for nearly 15 years.
12. Cis was also his first conquest.
13. History is the story of conquest.
14. Henry wanted nothing less than military conquest.
15. They were the legates of conquest.
16. Love, the quest; marriage, the conquest; divorce, the inquest. Helen Rowland
17. Was it only a desire for conquest?
18. The Olympians replaced the older religion through conquest.
19. Robert Conquest on the Soviet Union.
20. It arose from the recent conquest of the northern coastal area as far as Anglesey by his friend Hugh, earl of Chester.
21. In addition the conquest of the land required a stronger skeleton once the buoyant support of the sea was finally abandoned.
22. It was a standard sequence of conquest, and not confined to pagans.
23. Persia meanwhile was digesting the experience of conquest by the Arabs which had begun with Qadesiyah.
24. Their family can trace its origins back to the Norman Conquest.sentencedict.com
25. The chase is always much more exciting than the conquest anyway.
26. The play is being widely read as an allegory of imperialist conquest.
27. The creation of these two kingdoms seems quite anomalous at the earlier conquest phase, as has hitherto been assumed.
28. The parish boundaries were often indistinct until after the Norman conquest, but there may have been 150 of these by 1066.
29. The palace was built in Cordoba, Spain, following the Arab conquest.
30. As invaders from the United States began to rove the valley, they helped complete the oats conquest.
More similar words: in question, quest, guest, request, question, questionnaire, beyond question, out of the question, contest, banquet, inquiry, relinquish, in quantity, constitutional convention, inquire about, inquisitive, relinquishment, nest, test, best, chest, forest, estate, invest, arrest, priest, rest on, modest, had best, at best.