Similar words: headquarters, quarter, quarterback, close, closer, closet, close up, close off. Meaning: n. a situation of being uncomfortably close to someone or something.
Random good picture Not show
1. When you see famous people at close quarters, they always appear much smaller than you imagined them.
2. The troops had been fighting at close quarters.
3. At close quarters a rifle is almost useless.
4. The battle continued at close quarters.
5. When an extended family is living together at close quarters, even minor irritations can grow out of all proportion.
6. They had to breach the walls at close quarters and then scale them, using ladders and fighting-towers.
7. I had seen it happen at close quarters because I am his caddie.
8. He had observed Franklin Roosevelt at close quarters and absorbed many of his techniques.
9. Living at such close quarters with them, Anne found herself at odds with the princesses.
10. He wishes to inspect at close quarters all the actors in this drama.
11. His eyes searching hers from very close quarters, he chuckled when she hastily lowered her lashes.
12. Flights in close quarters can also lead to back pain, swollen ankles, leg cramps and psychological distress.
13. The soldiers got fired into at close quarters.
14. The soldiers grappled with the enemy at close quarters.
15. She and her extended family live in close quarters.
16. They live in close quarters.
17. We live in close quarters.
18. A rifle is almost useless at close quarters.
19. Boys and girls camped together at very close quarters.
20. The enemy was beaten back after some heavy fighting at close quarters.
21. You can watch aircraft take off or land at close quarters.
22. It was all very violent and distressing to observe at close quarters and the stench really brought it home to me.
23. This reduces the risk of airflow interference from kite to kite which at close quarters can have surprising effects!
24. I went to boarding school and so am used to living in close quarters.
25. Harry and I were tall and strong, not easy to attack at close quarters.
26. There tactics were strongly influenced by reliance on line formation and fire-power,[http://Sentencedict.com] as against attack at close quarters.
27. They do not want to be reminded of their own ageing by the evident blooming of youth at such close quarters.
28. As the family kept vigil, the children saw at close quarters the stubborn determination of their stepmother.
29. From our hiding place we were able to observe the animals at close quarters.
30. This was the first time I had seen such poverty at close quarters.
More similar words: headquarters, quarter, quarterback, close, closer, closet, close up, close off, closely, close to, close in, closest, close down, disclose, be close to, disclosed, close at hand, supply closet, closed primary, lose heart, barter, starter, charter, lose interest, sequel, sequence, square, subsequent, quarry, sequential.