Synonym: so to speak. Similar words: as it is, here and there, between, twentieth, fewer, power, lower, shower. Meaning: adv. as if it were really so.
Random good picture Not show
2. He is, as it were , a walking dictionary.
3. He became, as it were, a man without a country.
4. I'd understood the words, but I didn't, as it were, understand the question.
5. Teachers must put the brakes on, as it were, when they notice students looking puzzled.
6. Jim Radcliffe became our idol, as it were, the man we all wanted to be.
7. She seemed very relaxed in her natural setting as it were.
8. He cornered the market in heroes, as it were.
9. The basic chords, as it were, are there.
10. He was there, as it were, in reflection.
11. To peruse the big picture, as it were.
12. A rite of passage, as it were.
13. Then the dragons pop through, as it were, and impress their form on this world's possibility matrix.
14. The rows of atoms, as it were, dislike being dug out of their comfortable trenches of lowest energy.
15. Um, the computer guru, uh, the wizards as it were, is going to be there for emergency calls.
16. The Central Area pulled all these parts together, as it were, and made them interdependent portions of the whole.
17. Labov's work to redeem, as it were, underprivileged speech also entailed a revealing critique of more privileged forms.
18. He became famous, as it were , for never having a hit record.
19. If he still refuses we could always apply a little pressure, as it were.
20. He is my best friend, my second self , as it were.
21. He'd been watching the water rising for two hours preparing to meet his destiny, as it were before help arrived.
22. Maps to particular places allow one to penetrate the maze, by appointment as it were.
22. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
23. One can easily imagine how such warm, living illumination would bring forth spontaneous silhouettes, as it were from another world.
24. We do not have to try to remember ourselves in a vacuum, as it were.
25. His characteristic attitude is one of close scrutiny and interrogation; he puts his documents on the rack, as it were.
26. But this aim proved to be too large and the northern comprehensive school, as it were, took over my interests.
27. He spoke weightily - the words deliberately produced and, as it were, laid on the table.
28. It is not we who have to fight the battle for spiritual progress, as it were.
29. In that moment, he had known he could trust her - with his very life, as it were.
30. In the Brechtian aesthetic, the real struggles of life and oppressed peoples can not be shown, as it were, naturally.