Similar words: tarnish, garnish, burnished, burnish, furnish, finished, punished, astonished. Meaning: ['tɑrnɪʃ /'tɑː-] adj. especially of reputation.
Random good picture Not show
1. The brasswork needs polishing it's badly tarnished.
2. His regime was tarnished by human rights abuses.
3. The party needs to clean up its somewhat tarnished image.
4. The mirrors had tarnished with age.
5. The mirror had tarnished quite badly.
6. The silver candlesticks were tarnished and dusty.
7. Accusations of tax evasion have tarnished his clean image.
8. The political scandal tarnished the reputation of the president.
9. His reputation has tarnished in literary circles.
10. The silver spoon tarnished.
11. His bad behaviour has tarnished the good name of the school.
12. He says he wants to improve the tarnished image of his country.
13. He hopes to improve the newspaper's somewhat tarnished public image.
14. The firm's good name was badly tarnished by the scandal.
15. Neighbors' testimony tarnished Wilson's image as a loving mother.
16. Tarnished metal shone through his musculature as he walked through the fire.
17. The most common method of cleaning tarnished silver-plated cutlery is to use specially formulated cleaning fluids in which the cutlery is immersed.
18. The latter needed a polish, having become tarnished and covered with verdigris.
19. In the left-hand pocket he found two tarnished coins of a kind he'd never seen before.
20. But turning around such a tarnished image will not be easy.
21. If you don't want your image tarnished, chase your tail before you get into serious trouble.
22. It was a glass ball in aged, tarnished gold; a decoration for a Christmas tree.
23. He wore a tarnished gold watch chain across his waistcoat.
24. His memory may have been tarnished over the previous decade with the acknowledgement of his serious policy errors.
25. By this time a series of scandals had severely tarnished the leader's image/reputation.
26. His professional reputation as a respected real estate expert also has been tarnished, the suit alleges.
27. I wanted it to shine the windows and polish the tarnished feelings like a good spring house-cleaning.
28. Profits at auto makers and other exporters could be tarnished by a weaker dollar against the yen.
28. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
29. Even the doorbell was wrong, a black button encircled by a tarnished yellow metal.
30. Blood from his torn ear was soaking his left epaulette with its tarnished chains and gilded eagle.
More similar words: tarnish, garnish, burnished, burnish, furnish, finished, punished, astonished, diminished, warning, earnings, yearning, carnival, carnivorous, early warning, polished, famished, banish, punish, vanish, finish, published, clownish, finnish, Spanish, diminish, admonish, finish up, astonish, malnourished.