Synonym: draw rein, harness, rein in, rule. Similar words: wherein, figure in, reinforce, reinforced, reinstate, interfere in, come into being, reign. Meaning: [reɪn] n. 1. one of a pair of long straps (usually connected to the bit or the headpiece) used to control a horse 2. any means of control. v. 1. control and direct with or as if by reins 2. stop or slow up one's horse or oneself by or as if by pulling the reins 3. stop or check by or as if by a pull at the reins 4. keep in check.
Random good picture Not show
1. We tried to rein in our excitement and curiosity.
2. He gave free rein to his imagination.
3. You pull on both reins to stop or slow a horse, but only the left rein to turn left.
4. The young film-makers were given free rein to experiment with new themes and techniques.
5. Give free rein to your imagination.
6. My father always kept us on a tight rein.
7. The finance director keeps a tight rein on spending.
8. We need to rein back public spending.
9. The government would try to rein back inflation.
10. She had the horse on a long rein.
11. The designer was given free rein.
12. It is difficult to rein a fiery horse.
13. The script allows full rein to her larger-than-life acting style.
14. He deliberately gave his emotions free rein as he played the sonata.
15. We must rein our emotions and not be swayed by them.
16. It's essential to keep a tight rein on public spending.
17. You have to rein in your temper if by any chance she refuses you.
18. The producer was given a free rein with the script.
19. Her parents had kept her on a tight rein with their narrow and inflexible views.
20. He gave her full rein of the hallway.
21. Non-executive directors would keep executives on a tight rein.
22. His moral reading of events was given free rein.
23. Then I pretty much give them free rein.
24. Despite giving full rein to Laura's inner struggles and torments,(sentencedict.com) Fuentes is far more interested in the grand scale.
25. The horse answered to the slightest pull on the rein.
26. In this picture the artist certainly allowed his imagination free rein.
27. When I paint I just give my imagination free rein.
28. The government continued to believe it should give free rein to the private sector in transport.
29. Mary spoiled both her children, then tried too late to rein them in.
30. She had been riding along a road with a little girl and Clare's small pony Kizzy on a leading rein.
More similar words: wherein, figure in, reinforce, reinforced, reinstate, interfere in, come into being, reign, foreign, freight, foreigner, reiterate, foreign aid, sovereign, third reich, EIN, sovereignty, foreign policy, reign of terror, come in, skein, lie in, done in, vote in, tune in, take in, fade in, give in, cave in, rope in.