Similar words: kill, skill, killer, skilled, all of, all of a, call off, sell off. Meaning: v. kill en masse; kill on a large scale; kill many.
Random good picture Not show
(1) Frost can kill off a young plant.
(2) Hitler's original plan was to kill off all the German Jews.
(3) Unfortunately, pesticides kill off beneficial insects as well as harmful ones.
(4) These figures kill off any lingering hopes of an early economic recovery.
(5) Antibiotics should kill off the bacteria.
(6) All blood products are now heat treated to kill off any infection.
(7) The prophets of doom who said television would kill off the book were wrong.
(8) Some drugs kill off useful bacteria in the user's body.
(9) These figures kill off any hope that the economy is poised for recovery.
(10) As drugs kill off the virus most susceptible to them, they leave behind the more resistant strains.
(11) If it does not kill off the golden goose, it will certainly let it starve to death through neglect.
(12) Campaigners fighting to kill off the proposed Darlington Cross Town Route have welcomed the news.
(13) Malcolm Dean on the all-out bid to kill off elephantiasis History in the breaking How do you eradicate a disease?
(14) Beneficial predators: Insect allies that kill off pests like aphids.
(15) They say so-called home improvements can kill off the tourist trade.
(16) Pesticides kill off the beneficial insects as well as the destructive ones creating an imbalance in nature and wasting valuable assets.
(17) The insecticide will kill off the insect pests.
(18) This spray will kill off any pests or insects.
(19) I had expected the recession to kill off the global epidemic of Waffle Flu.
(20) The polymath Doyle tried to kill off Holmes at the turn of the century[sentencedict .com], but public outcry encouraged the author to resuscitate the archetypal detective in 1901's The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(21) The instantaneous release from an impact would potentially kill off species in a few thousand years.
(22) The option ? you kill off the downside risk and you hang on to the upside.
(23) In a normal winter, the frost penetrates deeply enough to kill off insect eggs in the soil.
(24) He could have returned refreshed in the morning to kill off the match completely.
(25) When some one gets a virus and becomes ill, the helper cells kill off the virus and usually they get better.
(26) It has become a textbook case of how to kill off public participation.
(27) Give them a really good soak in aquarium disinfectant before you add them to kill off any fungi which may be present.
(28) This will kill of the cancer cells but it will also kill off anything else in the vicinity.
(29) Antibiotics , along with our body's built - in defense mechanisms, can help us kill off those germs.
(30) Monsanto's soy has been genetically modified to confer resistance to an herbicide, glyphosate, which is sprayed on the crop to kill off non-resistant weeds.