Synonym: arrogant, bossy, high-handed, overbearing. Similar words: engineering, pioneering, nominee, dominate, dominant, engineer, prominent, coming in. Meaning: [‚dɑmɪ'nɪərɪŋ] adj. tending to domineer.
Random good picture Not show
1) She found him arrogant and domineering.
2) Many of her women friends also had domineering husbands.
3) Mick was stubborn and domineering with a very bad temper.
4) He was brought up by a cold and domineering father.
5) He's arrogant and domineering and never listens to anyone.
6) He's violent, yes, domineering,(http://sentencedict.com/domineering.html) has a vile temper.
7) My mother has a very domineering personality.
8) Suddenly, a domineering parent knows everything, also about tennis strategy.
9) Invoice this domineering devil for every minute of your time, Caroline!
10) And then the great leader must have a domineering personality.
11) Hattie was struggling to break free from her domineering father.
12) She is not a domineering mother.
13) The domineering ambition of Hitler's Germany was not satisfied.
14) She said you were domineering and rude.
15) Suggestions of domineering ministers sometimes affect the emperor's decisions.
16) He is a domineering sort of fellow.
17) A Communist must never be opinionated or domineering.
18) It was soon after that Mrs Rognes began her career, domineering the Ladies' Circle at church.
19) There had to be some way of putting an end to his domineering activities.
20) She is a more acceptable creature in the eyes of society than the domineering Mrs. Proudie.
21) Ive always liked him, and said that all he lacked was the domineering touch.
22) Cathy's mother had been a martyr to her gruff, domineering husband.
23) He always liked to say what was going to be done, he was very domineering.
24) The lowlanders are sub-moral beings in Buid eyes, given their aggressive and domineering customs.
25) James wrote Washington Square (1880), a deceptively simple tragicomedy that recounts the conflict between a dull but sweet daughter and her brilliant, domineering father.
26) Unlike other European leaders, she is neither charismatic, nor flashily intellectual, nor domineering.
27) Moira Shearer stars as a young ballerina driven to perform at the peak of her abilities by domineering impresario Anton Walbrook much to the consternation of her jealous husband Marius Goring .
28) The only exception was a volatile affair with George Sand, a domineering, chain-smoking French novelist five years his senior, which began hesitantly in 1838.
29) The coming-of-age story of a sickly, introspective Alaskan boy who makes friends with an Alaskan brown bear, to the horror of his tough, domineering father.
30) The core of the psychodrama is Bush's relationship with his domineering father.
More similar words: engineering, pioneering, nominee, dominate, dominant, engineer, prominent, coming in, glooming, mothering, offering, gathering, filtering, pioneer, kingdom, nomination, marine, enter into, mineral, examine, doctrine, bear in mind, undermine, promising, ring, bring, string, ring out, ring up, during.