Synonym: cast, drop, shake off, shed, throw, throw away, throw off. Similar words: as to, cast away, forecast, cast about, best of all, pastor, broadcast, castigate. Meaning: v. 1. get rid of 2. make the last row of stitches when knitting cast-off. adj. thrown away.
Random good picture Not show
1. For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela
2. Mr Brown cast off his daughter when she married an old rich man.
3. By 09.30 we had cast off and were heading down-river.
4. The essay exhorts women to cast off their servitude to husbands and priests.
5. He cast off, heading out to the bay.
6. The ship was scheduled to cast off at 8pm.
7. They cast off their boat yesterday morning.
8. The snake cast off its old skin.
9. When the scarf is the right length, cast off.
10. She's cast off three boy-friends in a month.
10. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
11. He cast off his dog at once.
12. She tried to cast off her upbringing.
13. He cast off fear and decided to make a try.
14. Cast off four stitches.
15. I've cast off your book and think it will come to about 150 pages when it's printed.
16. Now the hard winter has gone, we can cast off our winter clothing.
17. At the end of the row, cast off seven stitches.
18. The town is still trying to cast off its dull image.
19. The fisherman cast off the rope and set the boat adrift.
20. They cast off their clothes and jumped in the pool.
21. The millionaire cast off his daughter when she married a poor young man.
22. It's time to cast off those winter blues and burst into spring!
23. She had cast off the lines.
24. Guests were encouraged to cast off their inhibitions.
25. Knit 1 row and cast off in same manner.
26. As soon as we cast off from the boathouse Dennis started poling downstream like a maniac.
27. Cast off a calculation determining how much space copy will take up when typeset.
28. As soon as the bell rang, the captain gave orders to cast off, and the voyage began.
29. We don't know how long it'll be before I get the cast off my arm.
30. Once the luggage was stowed away on board Penry lifted her on the deck of the Angharad and cast off.
More similar words: as to, cast away, forecast, cast about, best of all, pastor, broadcast, castigate, cast aside, consist of, first of all, cast about for, at the cost of, astonish, astonished, pastoralism, the cost of living, astonishment, case, in case, in cash, casual, casino, cash in, in case of, cashier, cash in on, carcass, in any case, casualty.