Similar words: solicitous, the general public, attorney general, solicit, solicitude, general, generally, in general. Meaning: n. a law officer appointed to assist an attorney general.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The former solicitor general said that woman who bring false charges should be named.
(2) The case will Be presented By the Solicitor General.
(3) The solicitor general, an official in the U.S. Justice Department, represents the government when cases are brought to the Supreme Court.
(4) Olson later became the solicitor general in President George W. Bush's Justice Department after a Senate hearing in which he was less than candid about his work for the Arkansas Project.
(5) US President Barack Obama will nominate Solicitor General Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court, positioning the court to have 3 female justices for the first time in history, AP reported Monday.
(6) Elena Kagan, the former solicitor general of the United States, is now the 112th Justice of the Supreme Court.
(7) As Solicitor General, she argues cases for the United States government before the Supreme Court.
(8) Kagan's former job as Obama's solicitor general already has forced her to take herself out of nearly half of the cases the court has agreed to hear thus far.
(9) The Solicitor General heads the Legal Policy Division, which includes the Law Reform Commission Secretariat.
(10) Solicitor General Elena Kagan of the U.S. Justice Department, the administration's lawyer before the high court, said in a written argument that blocking the sale could force Chrysler's liquidation.
(11) The solicitor general is the top lawyer who argues the government's cases before the high court.
(12) As solicitor general,(Sentencedict.com) Elena Kagan was appointed by President Obama and reported to the Attorney General in the U.S. Justice Department.
(13) She is the first woman to serve as solicitor general of the United States and earlier, as head of Harvard Law School.
(14) She is the current U.S. Solicitor General, a post that represents the U.S. government before the Supreme Court.
(15) Similarly, the solicitor general decides whether to seek Supreme Court review of adverse appellate court rulings.
(16) In addition to litigating cases in the Supreme Court, the Office of the Solicitor General supervises litigation on behalf of the government in the appellate courts.
(17) Supreme Court rules The Times and The Washington Post can publish the material. 1967(sentencedict.com/solicitor general.html), President Lyndon Johnson nominates solicitor General Thurgood Marshall to be the first black justice on the U.
(18) I am very pleased to have this opportunity to describe to a distinguished international audience the role of the Office of the Solicitor General in the United States.
(19) The justice secretary said the policy was being pursued by Scotland's Solicitor General Frank Mulholland.
(20) By virtue of its institutional position, the Office of the Solicitor General has a special obligation to respect the Supreme Court's precedents and conduct its advocacy with complete candor.
(21) When the government receives an adverse ruling in the trial court, the solicitor general determines whether the government will appeal that ruling.
More similar words: solicitous, the general public, attorney general, solicit, solicitude, general, generally, in general, generality, generator, general ledger, general journal, generalization, estates general, general election, generally speaking, felicitous, duplicitous, infelicitous, generate, generation, degenerate, generation gap, lost generation, elicit, illicit, energetic, implicit, felicity, explicit.