Synonym: stay up. Similar words: situation, get up, let up, ritual, cut up, eat up, set up, put up. Meaning: v. 1. not go to bed 2. change to an upright sitting position sit-up. n. an stomach exercise in which a person sits up from a supine position without using the arms for leverage.
Random good picture Not show
(1) Sit up straight. Don't slump !
(2) She started to sit up, grimaced, and sank back weakly against the pillow.
(3) These protests have really made the government sit up and take notice .
(4) He told the children to sit up and not slouch.
(5) We would sit up all night exchanging profundities.
(6) We don't allow the children to sit up late.
(7) Sit up,and listen to me.
(8) Do you feel well enough to sit up yet?
(9) Just sit up straight and stop slouching.
(10) This should make people sit up and take notice.
(11) The patient was soon able to sit up.
(12) The patient tried to sit up but fell back weakly onto his pillows.
(13) This news made us all sit up and take notice.
(14) They expected me to sit up and shoot the breeze with them till one or two in the morning.
(15) I shall get back late, so don't sit up for me.
(16) She tried to sit up, her eyes fixed on Jean's face.
(17) Sometimes we just sit up and watch videos all night.
(18) Even the most apathetic students are beginning to sit up and listen.
(19) Sit up straight-don't slouch.
(20) The proposal had made his clients sit up and take notice.
(21) Now then(sentence dictionary), try to sit up and have some of this soup.
(22) She helped her sit up in bed so she could hold her baby.
(23) If Maria succeeded, then everyone would sit up and take notice.
(24) I shall get back late, so don't sit up .
(25) If you are going to sit up late,you can include me out!
(26) The baby can't even sit up yet, let alone walk!
(27) They have trained their dog to sit up and beg.
(28) At first the boy had not seemed much interested in what the teacher was saying, but when the teacher called him, he began to sit up.
(29) The news that he was getting married really made her sit up.
(30) I called her a damned hypocrite and that made her sit up.
More similar words: situation, get up, let up, ritual, cut up, eat up, set up, put up, light up, shoot up, start up, built up, magnitude, furniture, sit, constitute, site, put up with, institution, pulchritude, sit on, meet up with, constitution, as it is, institutional, transit, deposit, density, visitor, constitutional.