Synonym: aim, article, end, goal, intent, purpose, target, thing. Antonym: agree, subject. Similar words: objective, objection, subject, abject, subject to, subjective, be subject to, eject. Meaning: [əb'dʒekt ,'ɑbdʒɪkt /'ɒb-] n. 1. a tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow 2. the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable) 3. (grammar) a constituent that is acted upon 4. the focus of cognitions or feelings. v. 1. express or raise an objection or protest or criticism or express dissent 2. be averse to or express disapproval of.
Random good picture Not show
4. My object will be, if possible, to form Christian men, for Christian boys Ican scarcely hope to make.
6. The boat bumped against a solid object.
7. The microscope magnified the object two hundred times.
8. The object was a dim blur in the moonlight.
9. An object was magnified 200 times by the microscope.
10. The light microscope magnifies the object 1000 diameters.
11. We were all too polite to object.
12. Look, there's a strange object in the sky!
13. Working people everywhere object to paying taxes.
14. The shrine was an object of pilgrimage.
15. I will not wear this dress if you object to it.
15. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
16. She tried to object, but the chairman slapped her down.
17. The rapid movement of an object towards the eye triggers the blink reflex.
18. A bright moving object appeared in the sky at sunset.
19. Pursue your object, be it what it will, steadily and indefatigably.
20. I object to him.
21. It was an object lesson in how to use television as a means of persuasion.
22. Although purists may object to split infinitives, like 'to boldly go', the fact is, they are commonly used.
23. I don't object to what she says, but I strongly disapprove of her manner of saying it.
24. Do you object to my speaking to him about it?
25. The object of the game is to improve children's math skills.
27. He cared for her as a whole person rather than just a sex object.
28. There are many ways of generating a two - dimensional representation of an object.
29. Try to estimate how many steps it will take to get to a close object.
30. Life has a value only when it has something valuable as its object.
More similar words: objective, objection, subject, abject, subject to, subjective, be subject to, eject, reject, project, dejected, interject, trajectory, conjecture, dejectedly, projection, erect, elect, detect, sector, select, insect, perfect, direct, affect, aspect, defect, expect, effect, rectify.