Synonym: amount, bulk, collection, count, digit, figure, measure, multitude, numeral, portion, quantity, sum, symbol. Similar words: a number of, any number of, to the number of, a large number of, timber, member, chamber, remember. Meaning: ['nʌmbə(r)] n. 1. the property possessed by a sum or total or indefinite quantity of units or individuals 2. a concept of quantity derived from zero and units 3. a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program 4. a numeral or string of numerals that is used for identification 5. the number is used in calling a particular telephone 6. a symbol used to represent a number 7. one of a series published periodically 8. a select company of people 9. the grammatical category for the forms of nouns and pronouns and verbs that are used depending on the number of entities involved (singular or dual or plural) 10. an item of merchandise offered for sale 11. a clothing measurement. v. 1. add up in number or quantity 2. give numbers to 3. enumerate 4. put into a group 5. determine the number or amount of 6. place a limit on the number of.
Random good picture Not show
2. Each individual item has a number.
3. These plants produce a number of thin roots.
4. The number thirteen is traditionally considered unlucky.
5. Pick a number from one to twenty.
6. Each product has a number for easy identification.
7. The high number of strikes resulted in near anarchy.
8. What number are you trying to reach?
9. Think of a number and multiply it by two.
10. I number her among my closest friends.
11. A small but significant number of 11-year-olds are illiterate.
12. Sorry, I must have dialled the wrong number.
13. She wrote a truly prodigious number of novels.
14. I'll give you my address and telephone number.
15. Tap your code number into the machine.
16. I scribbled his phone number in my address book.
17. A number of the prisoners we saw are starving.
18. The number of workers in our factory is 300.
19. I'm sorry, you've got the wrong number.
20. The number of suicide has increased.
21. This newspaper has a large number of subscribers.
22. The number of prisoners serving life sentences has fallen.
23. A number of border crossings have now reopened.
24. She retained a number of copies for further annotation.
24. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
25. There's still confusion about the number of casualties.
26. The number of students of this school has shrunk.
27. You gave me the wrong number.
28. A number of councils operate mobile libraries.
29. There are only a limited number of tickets available.
More similar words: a number of, any number of, to the number of, a large number of, timber, member, chamber, remember, limber up, membership, thumb, stumble, aluminum, monument, numerous, fiber, rubber, liberal, subscriber, deliberately, be responsible for.