Synonym: anchor, dock, fasten, secure, tie. Similar words: moorings, moot, mood, moon, moose, moody, smooth, door. Meaning: [mʊə(r)] n. 1. one of the Muslim people of north Africa; of mixed Arab and Berber descent; converted to Islam in the 8th century; conqueror of Spain in the 8th century 2. open land usually with peaty soil covered with heather and bracken and moss. v. 1. secure in or as if in a berth or dock 2. come into or dock at a wharf 3. secure with cables or ropes.
Random good picture Not show
1. The house stands on a bleak, windswept moor.
2. Keep to the path parts of the moor are bog.
3. They pitched camp on the moor for the night.
4. The search party spread out over the moor.
5. The route then heads west over Gerrick Moor.
6. Thick cloud hung over the moor.
7. I decided to moor near some tourist boats.
8. Keep to the track the moor is very boggy around here.
9. We came back from our trudge across the moor wet and tired.
10. Then on we walked, over heather moor land now.
11. Why were you on the Moor alone?
12. I had chased Selden over the moor.
13. We were now on the cold, open moor.
14. A thick scatter of cloud hung over the moor.
15. She'd seen worse in the barns at Mauchline Moor.
16. Fynings Moor, Rogate, two nests in 1963 and 1964.
17. I've been on the Moor all night, you see.
18. No moor land is complete without its curlew overhead.
19. Then a terrible cry came across the moor.
20. Could there be a spotted stallion on the moor?
21. A moor hen's nest floating away on a swollen tyke told a sad story.
22. Five years later came the Dinsdale Moor Iron Works, but these were troubled times for heavy industry.
23. As to Broughton moor, we shall do all that we can to take environmental considerations into account.
24. You can moor just about anywhere the bank will take an iron peg or where a mooring ring is available.
25. His figure could be seen darkly on the foggy moor.
26. There's nothing I enjoy more than a leisurely amble across the moor.Sentencedict
27. Exmoor National Park stretches over 265 square miles of moor.
28. The cottage has no vehicular access but can be reached by a short walk across the moor.
29. It was a beautiful afternoon and Nature was colouring the Moor with breathtaking tints.
30. In summer, such free time as she had was spent on the Moor.
More similar words: moorings, moot, mood, moon, moose, moody, smooth, door, poor, floor, full moon, smooth out, poorly, doorway, outdoor, a blue moon, moonlight, smooth down, indoors, doorman, outdoors, smoothness, smooth over, doorknob, next door, out of doors, coordinate, floor leader, ground floor, coordinator.