Synonym: bulge, bump, feeling, hump, impression, suspicion. Similar words: munch, punch, lunch, bunch, crunch, paunch, launch, scrunch. Meaning: [hʌntʃ] n. 1. an impression that something might be the case 2. the act of bending yourself up together. v. arch one's back.
Random good picture Not show
1. I have a hunch that Jane likes me.
2. He had a hunch that she was lying.
3. I had a hunch that Susan and I would work well together.
4. I had a hunch that something like this would happen.
5. I have a hunch that he didn't really want to go.
6. I had a hunch that she was not telling the truth.
7. Stand straight, don't hunch your shoulders!
8. It seemed that the doctor's hunch had been right.
9. I had a hunch you'd be back.
10. Stand up straight and don't hunch your back.
11. My hunch is that she's his mother.
12. He had to hunch over the steering wheel to see anything.
13. I saw her hunch across the street and was lost in a crowd.
14. Acting on a hunch, I waited outside her house to see if she went out.
15. I phoned on a hunch to ask if they had any work for me.
16. I decided to follow my hunch and come and see you.
17. My hunch is that the burglars are still in the area.
18. My hunch, though, is that it will.
19. I bought a kayak on a hunch.
20. His hunch had been right after all.
21. But it is a hunch that has generated a degree of passion even among natural scientists.
22. Some extend their billed baseball caps or hunch over and have the players sign their names on the back of their shirts.
23. Their hunch was held not to amount to a reasonable suspicion.
24. Remembering my hunch that my drink was spiked leaves me confused. Without proof I should really lay the idea to rest.
25. Across the street[Sentencedict.com], half a dozen teenage boys hunch over a broken bicycle.
26. But Jeanie would just turn away, hunch her shoulder and hook her arm, covering the page.
27. If it were, I have a hunch that Fox would come out on top.
28. In the past many decisions depended more on hunch and lobbying than hard evidence about the educational consequences of funding allocations.
29. My hunch is that Kostunica's instincts are those of cooperation and good relations with neighbours.
30. Sometimes you have to be prepared to act on/follow a hunch.