Random good picture Not show
1. The codification of the laws began in the 1840s.
2. During the 1840s, Clutterbuck's enlarged and modernised mill was advertised for sale or lease.
3. From the 1840s child and young adult mortality contributed most of the decline.
4. But since response from ministers by the 1840s was extremely circumspect the reformers were probably making a virtue of necessity.
5. In the 1840s, when coffee plantations were established on a large scale, it expanded into the central highlands.
6. In the 1840s, President Herrera promoted a policy of gradual liberal reform in Mexico.
7. As in the 1830s and 1840s, this medico-moral domain specified key concepts of sexuality as part of its concerns.
8. Have we really moved since the 1840s, when gentrification was seen as the only way to educate the masses?
9. It was in the mid 1840s that the full implications of the potential for the new transport system sank in.
10. During the 1840s, Albert von Koelliker showed that spermatozoa are not parasites, but products of cells in the testis.
11. As early as the 1840s, it was suggested that the efficiency of the lens could be counteracted by using faulty ones.
12. From the 1840s to the Civil War, Irish Catholic immigrants fleeing from famine spurred the growth of cities and provided the labor for canal building and railroad construction.
13. The city of Boerne was established by German settlers in the 1840s.
14. The idea was first mooted as long ago as the 1840s.
15. Coffee was introduced into the central highlands in the 1840s, and quickly became the most important cash crop.
16. In Britain,[sentencedict.com] this moment has several phases during a long and turbulent period from the late-eighteenth century to the 1840s.
17. The criticism of Turgenev is only incidentally that he is stuck in the 1840s and not far-sighted enough.
18. They supplied machinery to Pilkington's of St Helens, where Deacon moved after completing his apprenticeship in the early 1840s.
19. The corn trade in the village gradually died out due to the arrival of the railways in the 1840s.
20. More indicative of future trends than this rising from within the officer corps were the activities of the Petrashevtsy in the 1840s.
21. During this period he became interested in the adulteration of tobacco,(sentencedict.com) an issue of considerable importance in the 1830s and 1840s.
22. The training school in the Sardinian foreign ministry which was seriously considered at the end of the 1840s never came into existence.
23. In total no more than a few dozen local groups existed at different times in the 1840s and 1850s.
24. The vivid illustrations in the Blue Books of the 1840s could as well have come from the mines of Shropshire in 1770.
25. Darwin's integration of evolutionary and physiological biology had been attempted, in the 1840s, through pangenesis.
26. These developments were comparable to the temperance, nativist, and abolitionist movements of the 1830s and early 1840s.
27. The debate between the supporters of Cuvier and Geoffroy raged throughout the 1830s and 1840s.
28. But hunting in the 19th century wiped out most of them, with up to30, 000 slaughtered in the 1840s alone, according to the InternationalUnion for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
29. Most of the early state superintendents of public instruction of the 1840s were Whigs, and most of the laws to create the first school systems were Whig-sponsored.
30. The Chartist movement grew from this disappointment and campaigned during the 1830s and 1840s for the vote to be extended further.
More similar words: 1940s.