Synonym: battle, conflict, contest, fight, struggle, war. Similar words: bat, ambassador, bomb, embarrassed, baths, combine, aplomb, debate. Meaning: ['kɒmbæt] n. 1. an engagement fought between two military forces 2. the act of fighting; any contest or struggle. v. battle or contend against in or as if in a battle.
Random good picture Not show
1. The police are planning sterner measures to combat crime.
2. He was awarded a cross for gallantry in combat.
3. Police are planning sterner measures to combat crime.
4. There was fierce combat between the two sides.
5. We must combat extravagance and waste.
6. The troops were locked in hand-to-hand combat.
7. The government will instigate new measures to combat terrorism.
8. The troops were exhausted after months of fierce combat.
9. The troops were in a state of combat readiness.
10. Corporal Gierson was killed in combat.
11. The authorities are taking steps to combat/fight/tackle racism in schools.
12. He was wearing black combat trousers and a hooded fleece.
13. Governments must cooperate if they are to fight/combat international terrorism.
14. Shop owners are struggling to combat the menace of armed robbery.
15. Measures to combat terrorism will be high on the agenda.
15. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
16. We must combat our own shortcomings and errors.
17. The combat troops have been helmeted.
18. The film explores the combat between good and evil.
19. Marines dropped 250 combat troops into the jungle battlefield.
20. Occa-sionally hospitalization is required to combat dehydration.
21. The right vitamins help you combat fatigue.
22. The medical corps were cited for bravery in combat.
23. The soldiers are in combat with rebel forces.
24. The seagulls swirled in aerial combat over the barges.
25. Soldiers in full combat gear stood at attention.
26. The soldiers were trained in unarmed combat .
27. The soldiers were engaged in hand-to-hand combat.
28. It was the end of a long combat.
29. There is nothing so fearful as to be alone in a combat situation.
30. Liaison between police forces and the art world is vital to combat art crime.
More similar words: bat, ambassador, bomb, embarrassed, baths, combine, aplomb, debate, battery, bombing, combined, bathroom, verbatim, combination.