Synonym: advise, hint, imply, insinuate, intimate, propose. Antonym: prefix, express. Similar words: suggestion, gesture, bigger, trigger, for ages, debugging, struggle for, the dark ages. Meaning: [səg'dʒest /sə'dʒest] v. 1. make a proposal, declare a plan for something 2. imply as a possibility 3. drop a hint; intimate by a hint 4. suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine 5. call to mind.
Random good picture Not show
(1) What do you suggest I order?
(2) Statistics show/suggest that women live longer than men.
(3) I suggest we go out to eat.
(4) I suggest you take a taxi.
(5) I suggest a tour of the museum.
(6) It is ludicrous to suggest that I was driving under the influence of alcohol.
(7) Both quantum mechanics and chaos theory suggest a world constantly in flux.
(8) The smoke signals from the central bank suggest further cuts are coming.
(9) What do you suggest?
(10) Reports from Chad suggest that rebel forces are advancing on the capital.
(11) It was ludicrous to suggest that the visit could be kept secret.
(12) These pieces of information link up to suggest who the thief was.
(13) Latest statistics suggest the North/South divide is becoming even more pronounced.
(14) The Minister established a commission to suggest improvements in the educational system.
(15) It is expected that the report will suggest some major reforms.
(16) Current estimates suggest that supplies will run out within six months.
(17) Exit polls suggest a big Labour majority[sentencedict.com], but the true picture will only be known after the count.
(18) May I suggest a white wine with this dish, Sir?
(19) She had the gall to suggest that I might supply her with information about what Steve was doing. Sentencedict.com
(20) They brought in an interior designer to suggest colour schemes for the house.
(21) At this juncture , I suggest we take a short break.
(22) It might be considered heresy to suggest such a notion.
(23) It would be impertinent to suggest that he was always wrong.
(24) How dare you suggest that I copied your notes!
(25) I suggest to propose a toast to our friendship.
(26) Whatever I suggest, he always disagrees.
(27) I suggest you phone before you go round there.
(28) How dare you suggest such a thing?
(29) Results suggest that diet is very important.
(30) I suggest you take the front porch away.
More similar words: suggestion, gesture, bigger, trigger, for ages, debugging, struggle for, the dark ages, on a large scale, struggle against, nest, best, quest, test, guest, chest, forest, at best, modest, rest on, had best, priest, estate, arrest, request, invest, western, harvest, testing, honestly.