Similar words: forested, forester, stress test, testes, teste, tested, tester, testee. Meaning: n. (Greek mythology) the son of Agamemnon and Clytemnestra; his sister Electra persuaded him to avenge Agamemnon's death by killing Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
Random good picture Not show
1. Orestes here and his faithful friend?
2. Orestes told her gently not to grieve for them.
3. Orestes proposed eagerly, but Iphigenia rejected the idea with indignation.
4. At the trilogy's conclusion, Orestes is vindicated by Athena, the highest of all Greek goddesses.
5. Athena's acquittal of Orestes at the end of the play is a symbol of Athens's progression into a new era of civilization.
6. Athena, as president, gives her vote for Orestes and acquits him.
7. In the first play, Agamemnon, the father of Orestes, is murdered by his wife, Clytemnestra.
8. In part two, Orestes kills his mother and her lover in revenge.
9. On reaching manhood, Orestes avenged his father by killing Aegisthus and Clytemnestra.
10. The last play concerns the punishment of Orestes at the hands of the Furies, or Erinyes, the goddesses who purge him of the sin of matricide.
11. His son Orestes killed his mother and was pursued by the Furies.
12. Some of them continued to pursue him, or else Orestes thought that they did.
12. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
13. Orestes and Pylades were to go to the palace claiming to he the bearers of a message that Orestes had died.
14. She became a convenient scapegoat in a political battle between her friend Orestes, the governor of Alexandria, and the city's archbishop, Cyril, and was killed by a mob of Christian zealots.
15. The wife of Agamemnon who, with the assistance of her lover Aegisthus, murdered him on his return from the Trojan War and was later murdered by her son Orestes.
16. In the Eumenides , Athena convenes a trial for Orestes, in which Apollo and the Furies argue against each other as to whether Orestes should pay for his crimes with death.
17. The king of Mycenae and leader of the Greeks in the Trojan War, who was the son of Atreus and the father of Orestes, Electra, and Iphigenia; His wife Clytemnestra killed him upon his return from Troy.
More similar words: forested, forester, stress test, testes, teste, tested, tester, testee, vested interest, forest, fastest, forestry, attested, detested, untested, afforest, deforest, restore, reforest, forestall, new forest, forestay, contested, protester, priestess, means test, class test, restorer, system test, time-tested.