Similar words: mercantilism, scale, fiscal, fiscal year, miscalculate, on a large scale, call in, scalding. Meaning: n. a scale of earthquake intensity; an earthquake detected only by seismographs is a I and an earthquake that destroys all buildings is a XII.
Random good picture Not show
1. Strength of shaking is measured on the Mercalli scale.
2. The Mercalli Scale is based on observable earthquake damage.
3. The modified Mercalli scale is a pastiche of psychological, engineering, and geological criteria.
4. Intensity of shaking is measured on the modified Mercalli scale.
5. There are two scales for defining the strength of an earthquake, the Mercalli Scale and the Richter Scale.
More similar words: mercantilism, scale, fiscal, fiscal year, miscalculate, on a large scale, call in, scalding, escalator, calendar, elliptical, hypercritical, overcast, altercation, mercy, discard, commerce, merchant, plaster cast, in this case, mercurial, commercial, confiscate, merchandise, piscatorial, at the mercy of, confiscation, commercialize, ballistic, embellish.