Similar words: look at, after, after all, go after, afterward, take after, after school, one after another. Meaning: v. keep under careful scrutiny.
Random good picture Not show
(1) Get a relative to look after the children.
(2) He's not competent to look after young children.
(3) We look after the neighbours' cat while they're away.
(4) He helps to look after his grandfather who is an invalid.
(5) I will look after her child when she is on a business trip.
(6) It is a tradition that the young look after the old in their family.
(7) I couldn't look after him any more; the strain was too much for me.
(8) I can't look after six children at my age - it's too much.
(9) I need someone dependable to look after the children while I'm at work.
(10) They wanted someone responsible to look after the place at night-time.
(11) fend for yourself to look after yourself without help from anyone else: His parents agreed to pay the rent for his apartment but otherwise left him to fend for himself.
(12) Look after the milk on the stove. Don't let it bubble over.
(13) I made up an excuse about having to look after the kids.
(14) If we let him look after the money(http://sentencedict.com/look after.html), I'm afraid much of it will stick to his fingers.
(15) Your car will last longer if you look after it.
(16) Can they be trusted to look after the house?
(17) It makes sense to look after yourself.
(18) She doesn't understand how to look after you.
(19) We'll help you look after your finances.
(20) She is too busy to look after her child.
(21) Robert's old enough to look after himself.
(22) She charged me to look after her daughter.
(23) I can look after myself.
(24) They employed him to look after the baby.
(25) Who's going to look after things while you're away?
(26) I know the Lord will look after him.
(27) I'll stop in and look after the kids.
(28) Sarah moved back in with her father so that she could look after him in his dotage.
(29) I have enough complication in my life without having to look after your sick pets!
(30) He wants to give up working and stay home to look after the children. She feels, however, that this is overdoing it a bit.
More similar words: look at, after, after all, go after, afterward, take after, after school, one after another, after a while, day after day, year after year, look, look on, look in, look up, look to, look for, look out, look back, look down on, look over, overlook, look into, look through, look forward to, craft, draft, often, soften, gifted.