Synonym: burden, cargo, charge, fill, freight, pack, shipment, stuff. Antonym: unload. Similar words: a load of, loan, float, road, broad, on the road, railroad, take the road. Meaning: [ləʊd] n. 1. weight to be borne or conveyed 2. a quantity that can be processed or transported at one time 3. goods carried by a large vehicle 4. an amount of alcohol sufficient to intoxicate 5. the power output of a generator or power plant 6. an onerous or difficult concern 7. a deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks 8. the front part of a guided missile or rocket or torpedo that carries the nuclear or explosive charge or the chemical or biological agents 9. electrical device to which electrical power is delivered. v. 1. fill or place a load on 2. provide with munition 3. put (something) on a structure or conveyance.
Random good picture Not show
1. A swarm in May is worth a load of hay; a swarm in June is worth a silver spoon; but a swarm in July is not worth a fly.
2. A lorry shed its load on the motorway.
3. The old man was carrying a load of sticks.
4. That book is a load of rubbish.
5. He has a heavy teaching load this year.
5. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
6. It is a tedious, humourless load of crap.
7. You're talking a load of crap!
8. I've never heard such a load of garbage!
9. The back is shaped to the load.
10. It is more economical to wash a full load.
11. I think it's a load of bull.
12. They groaned under the load of taxes.
13. His shoulders can bear a heavy load.
14. I'll show you how to load the software.
15. I can't avoid shedding the load.
16. The maximum load for this elevator is eight persons.
17. The truck was carrying a load of bananas.
18. The maximum load for this truck is ten ton.
19. These backpacks are designed to carry a heavy load.
20. You do talk a load of shit!
21. The tractor hauled the load away.
22. They load him with favors.
23. What a load of bunk!
24. He unburdened a horse of its load.
25. All lay load on the willing horse.
26. The lorry had shed its load .
27. The lopsided load on the lorry looked dangerous.
28. The horse was dragging a heavy load.
29. The load on this beam is more than it will bear.
30. The ship is now lying off, ready to load up.
More similar words: a load of, loan, float, road, broad, on the road, railroad, take the road, broadcast, at home and abroad.