Synonym: need, require, want. Antonym: fill. Similar words: black, black out, for lack of, in the black, lackluster, blackcurrant, place, solace. Meaning: [læk] n. the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable. v. be without.
Random good picture Not show
2. Idle folks lack no excuses.
3. People do not lack strength, they lack will. Victor Hugo
5. To have a stomach and lack meat; to have meat and lack a stomach; to lie in bed and cannot rest; are great miseries.
6. Lack of money necessitated a change of plan.
7. He felt faint for lack of food.
8. The project was scuppered by lack of money.
9. At last they ceased working for lack of capital.
10. Our main problem is lack of cash.
11. There is no lack of vegetable.
12. Lack of qualifications is an obvious disadvantage.
13. The leaves languished from lack of water.
14. The flowers are wilting for lack of water.
15. We are growing impatient with the lack of results.
16. Stress and lack of sleep can aggravate the situation.
17. She does not lack for friends.
18. Lack of sleep blunted her thinking.
19. Our greatest problem is the lack of funds.
20. Her eyes ached from lack of sleep.
21. The plant died for lack of water.
22. We must note that we still lack qualified specialists.
23. Hugh blames his mother for his lack of confidence.
24. The trip was cancelled through lack of interest.
25. The lack of rain has shrivelled the crops.
26. Lack of water will stunt the plant's growth.
27. Two out of five people lack a proper job.
28. People lack the willpower,(Sentencedict.com) rather than strength.
29. Lack of the right food may stunt growth.
30. There was no lack of volunteers.
More similar words: black, black out, for lack of, in the black, lackluster, blackcurrant, place, solace, palace, fallacy, lacuna, placate, glacier, in place, replace, laconic, shoelace, displace, take place, out of place, salacious, placating, placement, in place of, workplace, implacable, stalactite, ACK, marketplace, replacement.