Similar words: half, behalf, in half, on behalf of, whale, hallway, shallow, malfunction. Meaning: [hɑːfˈweɪ; ˈhɑːfweɪ] adj. 1. equally distant from the extremes 2. at a point midway between two extremes 3. including only half or a portion. adv. at half the distance; at the middle.
Random good picture Not show
1. They've just reached the halfway stage of the project.
2. Halfway up the hill , the engine packed up.
3. We stopped for refreshment halfway through the journey.
4. Dan pooped out about halfway through the race.
5. We live roughly halfway between here and the coast.
6. York is halfway between Edinburgh and London.
7. He chased Kevin halfway up the stairs.
8. The town lies halfway between Rome and Florence.
8. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
9. Stop chipping halfway , you cannot chop down deadwood ; and keep chipping a way, gold and stone can be carved.
10. A halfway house between the theatre and cinema is possible. Olivier created one in his imaginative "Henry V" in 1945.
11. About the time the three climbers were halfway down, clouds blotted out the sun.
12. It is now halfway through winter and food stocks are already low.
13. Before the politician was halfway through his speech, the crowd cried him down.
14. Halfway up the hill,the engine pooped out.
15. Their in-flight magazine is actually halfway decent .
16. Halfway up the mountain I suddenly went snow-blind.
17. The song changes key halfway through.
18. This only goes halfway to explaining what really happened.
19. The climbers had a camp halfway up the mountain.
20. The climbers made camp halfway up the peak.
21. The climbers bivouacked halfway up the mountain.
22. Our car died on us halfway.
23. The fire left scorch marks halfway up the wall.
24. The Newton Hotel is halfway up a steep hill.
25. The car conked out halfway up the hill.
26. He was halfway up the ladder.
27. I just dried up halfway through the interview.
28. Giggs shot from the halfway line.
29. He left halfway through the ceremony.
30. Our car conked out when we had got only halfway.
More similar words: half, behalf, in half, on behalf of, whale, hallway, shallow, malfunction, hallelujah, challenged.