Synonym: bring down, clip, crop, curb, curtail, cut, cut down, dress, flash back, lop, prune, reduce, restrict, snip, trim, trim back, trim down. Similar words: set back, back, back up, back of, back on, back away, call back, pay back. Meaning: v. 1. return in time 2. cut down on; make a reduction in 3. cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of 4. place restrictions on.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The gardener cut back all the bushes.
(2) Japan's recession has prompted consumers to cut back on buying cars.
(3) When the bush has finished flowering, cut back all the stems.
(4) They will be concerned to cut back expenditure on unnecessary items.
(5) The government has announced plans to to cut back on defence spending by 10% next year.
(6) Overgrown deciduous shrubs can be cut back at this time of year.
(7) The Government has cut back on defence spending.
(8) I smoke too much. I must cut back.
(9) Education spending cannot be cut back any further.
(10) Social work services have been cut back drastically.
(11) Government funding is being cut back.
(12) They were forced to cut back production.
(13) Rose bushes shoot again after being cut back.
(14) We must cut back our expenses.
(15) Water allotments to farmers were cut back in the drought.
(16) The doctor's told me to cut back on red meat.
(17) Just as large companies are having to cut back(sentencedict.com/cut back.html), so small businesses are being forced to close.
(18) The decision to cut back on film-making had a catastrophic effect on the nurturing of new talent.
(19) Richer countries must do more to cut back carbon emissions.
(20) This kind of word has been cut back to save space.
(21) Cut back the shoots in spring to encourage bushier growth.
(22) We cut back into the pinewoods and hid there till it was dark.
(23) The footballer pretended to run forward,then cut back and took the ball the other way.
(24) If we don't sell more we'll have to cut back production.
(25) Local authorities have been forced to cut back on expenditure.
(26) The film cut back to the earlier scene so that we understood her reasons.
(27) In times of economic hardship, firms cut back on training.
(28) We've had to cut back on staff to save money.
(29) If we don't sell more goods, we'll have to cut back production.
(30) We are heading for a crisis, with cash-starved councils forced to cut back on vital community services.
More similar words: set back, back, back up, back of, back on, back away, call back, pay back, hold back, give back, go back to, feedback, draw back, backyard, go back on, keep back, look back, bring back, fall back on, background, double back, back and forth, date back to, quarterback, basketball, cut, cute, cut off, cut in, cut out.