1. Take something by
the best handle.
2. Knowledge advances by
steps not by leaps.
3. The drop hollows the stone, not by
force, but by the frequency of its fall.
4. What's done by
night appears by day.
5. Many receive advice only the wise profit by
6. Gain got by
a lie will burn one’s fingers.
7. Seize (or Take) time by
reading we enrich the mind; by conversation we polish it.
9. Almost any situation---good or bad ---is affected by
the attitude we bring to.
10. They are never alone accompanied by
11. You cannot judge a tree by
12. Lost wealth can be replaced by
industry, lost knowledge by study, lost health by temperance or medicine(sentencedict.com), but lost time is gone for ever.
13. Happy is the man who is living by
14. Friends are lost by
calling often and calling seldom.
15. He measures another’s corn by
his own bushel.
16. Wealth is best known by
17. Man does not live by
18. Knowledge advances by
steps and not by leaps.
18. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
19. Grain by
grain, and the hen fills her belly.
20. A servant is known by
his master's absence.
21. Much water runs by
the mill that the miller knows not of.
22. Learn wisdom by
the follies of others.
23. What is in a name?That which we call a rose by
any other name would smell and sweet.
24. When rogues (or thieves) fall out, honest men come by
25. He who lives near the woods is not frightened by
26. You can do more than strike while the iron is hot; you can make the iron hot by
27. Whatever you do, do with your might; Things done by
halves are never done right.
28. The laws of Nature, that is to say the laws of God, plainly made every human being a law unto himself, we must steadfastly refuse to obey those laws, and we must as steadfastly stand by
the conventions which ignore them, since the statutes furnish us peace, fairly good government and stability, and therefore are better for us than the laws of God, which would soon plunge us into confusion and disorder and anarchy if we should adopt them.
29. We should so live and labor in our time that what came to us as seed may go to the next generation as blossom, and what came to us as blossom may go to them as fruit. This is what we mean by
30. It is discouraging to think how many people are shocked by
honesty and how few by deceit.