1. An nod is as
good as a wink to a blind horse.
2. None so deaf as
those that won't hear.
3. Too swift arrives as
tardy as too slow.
you make your bed so you must lie on it.
5. I count myself in nothing else so happy as
in a soul remem-bering my good friends.
you make your bed, so you must lie upon it.
7. Jack is as
good as his master.
8. When in Rome, do as
the Romans do.
9. There are none so blind as
those, that will not see.
a modern parent, I know that it's not how much you give children those counts, it's the love and attention you shower on them.A caring attitude can not only save you a small fortune, but also even make you feel good about being tight-fisted and offering more care than presents.
11. Be always as
merry as ever you can, for no-one delights in a sorrowful man.
12. Things rashly taken end as
13. Take the world as
one finds it.
14. It is as
well to know which way the wind blows.
15. The lion is not so fierce as
he is painted.
empty vessels make the loudest sound,[sentencedict.com] so they that have least wit are the greatest babblers.
the touchstone tries gold, so gold tries man.
long as ever you can.
18. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
19. A friend is, as
it were, a second self.
20. Man errs so long as
21. The house of every one is to him as
his castle and fortress.
a man sows, so he shall reap.
23. Seize the present day, trusting the morrow as
little as may be.
24. The devil is not so black as
he is painted.
the wind blows, you must set your sail.
26. Love as
in time to come you should hate, and hate as you should in time to come, love.
27. There's as
good fish in the sea as ever came out of it.
28. Educaton does not mean teaching people to kow what they do not know ; it means teachng them to behave as
they do not behave.
29. Every kind of peaceful cooperation among men is primarily based on mutual trust and only secondly on institutions such as
courts of justice and police.
30. No man can be brave who considers pain the greatest evil of life; or temperate, who regards pleasure as
the highest good.