1. It is a great art to laugh at
your own misfortune.
2. The law is not the same at
morning and at night.
3. Better deny at
once than promise long.
4. He that will thrive must rise at
5. It is at
our mother's knee that we acquire our noblest and truest and highest , but there is seldom any money in them.
6. Failure in a great enterprise is at
least a noble fault.
7. Fish begins to stink at
8. Honest men marry soon, wise men not at
open doors dogs come in.
10. An oak is not felled at
11. It is good to learn at
another man’s cost.
12. If a donkey brays at
you, don’t bray at him.
13. Friends agree best at
14. Dogs that bark at
a distance bite not at hand.
15. The snail slides up the tower at
last though the swallow mounteth it sooner.
16. No one wise at
17. He that doth most at
once doth least.
18. A little of everything(Sentencedict.com), nothing at
19. He knocks boldly at
the door who brings good news.
20. When you are at
Rome, do as Rome does.
21. Fame like a river is narrowest at
its source and broadest afar off.
22. A drowning man will catch at
23. Every dog is a lion at
24. Opportunity never knocks twice at
any man's door.
25. The cuckoo comes in April, and stays the month of May; sings a song at
midsummer,[sentence dictionary] and then goes away.
26. Write down the advice of him that loves you, though you like it not at
27. It is better to fight for justice than to rail at
28. Being reluctant to think , unwilling to study intensively and under-stand deeply and being complacentand satisfied at
negligible knowledgeall are the cause of poor intelligence, which can be germed as "foolish".
29. Nor fame I slight, nor for her favours call; she come unlooked for, if she comes at
30. Habit is a cable: we weave a thread of it every day, and at
last we cannot break it.