Synonym: drink to. Similar words: milquetoast, coast, boast, roast, roasted, coastal, roast beef, plaster cast. Meaning: [təʊst] n. 1. slices of bread that have been toasted 2. a celebrity who receives much acclaim and attention 3. a person in desperate straits; someone doomed 4. a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event. v. 1. make brown and crisp by heating 2. propose a toast to.
Random good picture Not show
(1) He was choking on a piece of toast.
(2) He spread some strawberry jam on his toast.
(3) I ate two slices of toast.
(4) We'll have another round of toast, please. Sentencedict.com
(5) I have toast and marmalade for breakfast.
(6) Why don't we make a toast?
(7) I had a piece of toast for breakfast.
(8) We had toast and jelly at breakfast.
(9) Let me propose a toast to Mr. Smith.
(10) Toast the bread lightly on both sides.
(11) She spread the toast thinly with raspberry jam.
(12) Why don't we toast some marshmallows over the fire?
(13) Do you want butter or margarine on your toast?
(14) Mrs. Madrigal buttered another piece of toast.
(15) You'll be as warm as toast in here.
(16) I'd like to propose a toast to Mr. Smith.
(17) Nigel raised his glass in a toast to his son.
(18) Let's make a toast.
(19) Toast hazelnuts on a baking sheet until the skins char.
(20) I suggest to propose a toast to our friendship.
(21) She was the toast of Paris.
(22) The performance made her the toast of the festival.
(23) Eat some proper food, not just toast and jam!
(24) He sat in a chair munching his toast.
(25) She ate two slices of toast spread with jam.
(26) Sorry, I've burnt the toast.
(27) For lunch we had cheese on toast.
(28) They breakfasted hurriedly on tea and toast.
(29) Gran, can I have some more toast?
(30) I'd like eggs with toast on the side.