Similar words: Soviet, student union, union, reunion, european union, movie, quietus, movie star. Meaning: n. a former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia; established in 1922; included Russia and 14 other soviet socialist republics (Ukraine and Byelorussia and others); officially dissolved 31 December 1991.
Random good picture Not show
1. Zhukov was a marshal of the former Soviet Union.
2. The Soviet Union had been forced by circumstances to sign a pact with Nazi Germany.
3. The US and the former Soviet Union were co-signatories of/to the treaty.
4. Nazi Gemany levied war upon the Soviet Union.
5. The Soviet Union began to break up in 1991.
6. The Soviet Union became anxious to withdraw its soldiers from the Afghan imbroglio.
7. The Soviet Union was suddenly revealed as a paper tiger.
8. The Baltic republics were annexed by the Soviet Union in 1940.
9. With the collapse of the former Soviet Union, the possibility of a nuclear holocaust was greatly reduced.
10. Until about 1991, the Eastern bloc was the Soviet Union and the communist countries of Eastern Europe.
11. In 1957 the Soviet Union launched the first satellite to orbit the earth.
12. The British spy, Kim Philby, defected to the Soviet Union/defected from Britain in 1963.
13. The Soviet Union broke up after only a few years of liberalizatian.
14. Stalin was the unquestioned ruler of the Soviet Union from the late 1920s until his death in 1953.
15. Lithuania fractured the Soviet Union by declaring its independence.
16. He defects to the Soviet Union.
17. Relations with the Soviet Union were normalized.
18. The Soviet Union was originally founded on Socialism.
19. The Soviet Union fell apart in 1991.
20. That arrangement collapsed with the Soviet Union.
21. Turkey and Greece were buffer states against the former Soviet Union.
22. The Hungarian uprising in 1956 was suppressed by the Soviet Union.
23. A number of writers and musicians defected from the Soviet Union to the West in the 1960s.
24. The Politburo was the locus of all power in the Soviet Union.
25. These planes are outclassed by the most recent designs from the former Soviet Union.
26. Gorbachev failed to keep the component parts of the Soviet Union together.
26. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
27. It's too early to assess the long-term consequences of the collapse of the Soviet Union.
28. Russia, Georgia and Ukraine are three of the successor states to the Soviet Union.
29. The newspaper Pravda was the official organ of the Communist Party in the Soviet Union.
30. On the basis of my own observations, I should like to elucidate a few problems concerning the Soviet Union and China.
More similar words: Soviet, student union, union, reunion, european union, movie, quietus, movie star, vietnam war, tunic, junior, disquietude, opportunity, opportunist, opportunity cost, onion, minion, opinion, pinioned, dominion, companion, provision, provisions, provisional, improvisation, public opinion, munitions, ammunition, unification, public opinion poll.