Synonym: delicate, easygoing, elastic, flexible, gentle, kind, lenient, mild, pleasant, pliable, supple, tender. Antonym: hard, rough. Similar words: softly, soften, software, often, so far, as of, sofa, ahead of time. Meaning: [sɔft /sɒft] adj. 1. yielding readily to pressure or weight 2. compassionate and kind; conciliatory 3. (of sound) relatively low in volume 4. easily hurt 5. produced with vibration of the vocal cords 6. not protected against attack (especially by nuclear weapons) 7. used chiefly as a direction or description in music 8. (of light) transmitted from a broad light source or reflected 9. (of speech sounds); produced with the back of the tongue raised toward the hard palate; characterized by a hissing or hushing sound (as `s' and `sh') 10. (of a commodity or market or currency) falling or likely to fall in value 11. using evidence not readily amenable to experimental verification or refutation 12. tolerant or lenient 13. soft and mild; not harsh or stern or severe 14. having little impact 15. out of condition; not strong or robust; incapable of exertion or endurance 16. willing to negotiate and compromise 17. not burdensome or demanding; borne or done easily and without hardship 18. mild and pleasant 19. not brilliant or glaring. adv. in a relaxed manner; or without hardship.
Random good picture Not show
1. Soft words are hard arguments.
4. Soft fire makes sweet malt.
8. My feet sank into the soft ground.
9. Touching something soft, I sprang quickly back.
10. She had the slow, soft voice of a countrywoman.
11. The materials are soft and comfortable to wear.
12. A soft fire makes sweet malt.
13. The company has monopolized the soft drinks market.
14. Ecstasy is widely misrepresented as a soft drug.
15. The February air was soft, cool, and inviting.
15. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
16. Her skin had stayed soft and supple.
17. She has a loud/quiet/soft voice.
18. These potato chips are soft.
19. Her expression became soft, almost tender.
20. The grass was soft and springy.
21. We padded the box with soft cloth.
22. I think more customers probably prefer a soft sell.
23. The soft music put her to sleep.
24. Her skin was as soft as velvet.
25. The lighting in that restaurant is soft and romantic.
26. She stroked the rabbit's soft fur.
27. I recognized her soft singsong immediately.
28. Cats are covered with soft fur.
29. I like chocolates with soft centres.
30. My shirt has a soft collar.
More similar words: softly, soften, software, often, so far, as of, sofa, ahead of time, state of the art, lots of, bags of, pass off, out of the question, reign of terror, in the nick of time, in so far as, and so forth, the mass of, more often than not, all sorts of, in terms of, by means of, a series of, ipso facto, freedom of the press, in excess of, regardless of, on the grounds of, due process of law.