Synonym: city manager. Similar words: dictionary order, lay out, pay out, lay off, pay off, playoff, by way of, lay over. Meaning: ['meɪər /meə] n. the head of a city government.
Random good picture Not show
1. He is the mayor of Beijing.
2. He attended in his official capacity as mayor.
3. Many small town mayor and city official practice cronyism.
4. The Mayor will make the presentation herself.
5. They petitioned the mayor to take immediate measures.
6. My uncle was the mayor of Memphis.
7. The mayor wore his chain of office.
7. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
8. The mayor laid the cornerstone of the new library.
9. The mayor is a skilled politician.
10. The post of mayor is largely ceremonial .
11. The mayor bucked at the school board's suggestion.
12. The Mayor entered, preceded by members of the council.
13. The mayor decried gambling in all its forms.
14. The presence of the mayor dignified the occasion.
15. The mayor presented him with a gold medal at an official city reception.
16. The new mayor is reaching out to the local community to involve them in his plans for the city.
17. The mayor had become ineffectual in the struggle to clamp down on drugs.
18. The mayor leaned over backward to avoid the appearance of nepotism.
19. I'm running for mayor.
20. The Mayor recited to the Queen a long and tedious speech of welcome.
21. He's going to be sworn in as Mayor next week.
22. The mayor outlined his plan to clean up the town's image.
23. The mayor went on record as opposing a tax raise.
24. We need a mayor who is tough enough to clean up this town.
25. His function as a Mayor affords him the leverage to get things done through attending committee meetings.
26. This thorny problem on the environmental protection floored the new mayor.
27. He remained popular throughout his tenure of the office of mayor.
28. He is a consultant on law affairs to the mayor.
29. The person who embodies democracy at the local level is the mayor.
30. The Prime Minister met many civic leaders, including the mayor and the leaders of the immigrant communities.
More similar words: dictionary order, lay out, pay out, lay off, pay off, playoff, by way of, lay over, in the way of, a young man.