Synonym: harmless, innocent, unobjectionable. Similar words: in no way, in no time, innovative, innovation, ambiguous, assiduous, sumptuous, continuous. Meaning: [ɪ'nɑkjʊəs /-'nɒk-] adj. 1. not injurious to physical or mental health 2. unlikely to harm or disturb anyone 3. not causing disapproval 4. lacking intent or capacity to injure.
Random good picture Not show
(1) His comment seemed perfectly innocuous.
(2) Even innocuous substances can sometimes register a positive result in a drug test.
(3) Your innocuous miss who refused to give up in exchange for who collapsed to.
(4) He's a perfectly innocuous young man.
(5) It seemed a perfectly innocuous remark.
(6) Some mushrooms look innocuous but are in fact poisonous.
(7) Both mushrooms look innocuous but are in fact deadly.
(8) The question appeared innocuous enough, but I still did not trust her.
(9) The liquid looked fairly innocuous.
(10) Innocuous enough on the face of it.
(11) The interviewer only asked boring, innocuous questions.
(12) The new owners claim the deal is innocuous.
(13) The producer dismissed the comment as quite innocuous.
(14) The wording may look innocuous, but it is of vital importance.
(15) What had seemed an innocuous and perfectly reasonable suggestion was answered with a moan as of a child in pain.
(16) We would have to make ourselves innocuous and present to the outside world a mild, freeze-dried version of history.
(17) Another inspector I know had problems with an innocuous piece written in a mildly conversational style.
(18) It was Zeus' jealous wife Hera, not the innocuous underworld custodian Hades, who made Hercules' life a nightmare.
(19) Even seemingly innocuous turnstile-exits with interlocking horizontal bars give my sister pause, however. Sentencedict.com
(20) They are doctored-up mirror images, innocuous illustrations of everyday events in which skill of execution utterly predominates over imagination.
(21) Many journalists here choose to pigeon all but the most innocuous of stories.
(22) Some were communiqu s from extremist groups overseas; others were seemingly innocuous.
(23) It behooves companies to tread carefully in this area because even seemingly innocuous questions can get them into trouble.
(24) But amid all the opulence Mrs Marcos held up a pair of innocuous blue espadrilles as her favourite pair.
(25) Whatever censorship takes place in libraries, even of seemingly innocuous indecent material, can reverberate elsewhere.
(26) And only rarely do they allow their managers to couch frank appraisals in canned legalese and innocuous psychobabble.
(27) Slender, graceful, with either end encased in a rectangular metal box they looked perfectly innocuous.
(28) Most, however, consisted of simple washing soda, Epsom salts, or other innocuous ingredients.
(29) Someone stood up and asked the professor an apparently innocuous question about his laboratory work.
(30) She was flattered by their attention and affection, but it was wholly innocuous.
More similar words: in no way, in no time, innovative, innovation, ambiguous, assiduous, sumptuous, continuous, knock, jocund, knock off, knock out, focus on, document, knock down, cannot, on occasion, documentary, innate, winner, even now, cannot help, in nature, circumlocution, announce, announcement, at the beginning, at the beginning of, more often than not, house.