Synonym: chiefly, generally, in general, mainly, primarily, principally. Similar words: remain, maintain, remaining, maintenance, the mass of, domain, mainly, mainstream. Meaning: adv. 1. for the most part 2. without distinction of one from others.
Random good picture Not show
1. In the main, I agree with Edward.
2. The whole school assembled in the main hall.
3. Reception is in the main building.
4. In the main rooms red-hot radiators were left exposed.
5. A fire broke out in the main lift shaft.
6. His supporters gathered in the main square.
7. They had some dreadful old ham in the main part.
8. They heard footsteps in the main room, beyond a door.
8. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
9. She has in the main gathered her medical experience from practice.
10. They've booked us into the hotel in the main square.
11. English derives in the main from the common Germanic stock.
12. A lecture was in progress in the main hall.
13. These businessmen are in the main honest.
14. There's a ticket machine in the main concourse.
15. The completed action is in the main clause.
16. Tourists are, in the main, sympathetic people.
17. Her friends are teachers in the main.
18. Enrolment will take place in the main hall.
19. The service here is, in the main, reliable.
20. A vast crowd gathered in the main square.
21. You'd better flatten in the main ropes.
22. He owns the butcher's in the main street.
23. Put this letter in the main file.
24. Parsons gave a stiff performance in the main role.
25. I'll just block in the main buildings.
26. The meetings are always in the main conference room.
27. Their job in the main consisted of cleaning and maintaining the building.
28. The bar is in the main body of the hotel.
29. Reviews are distilled from articles previously published in the main column.
30. If the bomb had exploded in the main shopping area, it would have been devastating.
More similar words: remain, maintain, remaining, maintenance, the mass of, domain, mainly, mainstream, mathematics, ain't, in the way, in that, faint, in the end, in the air, in the past, in the open, in the dark, in the way of, painter, in the world, in the least, in this case, complaint, paintwork, in the name of, in the future, in the case of, in the heat of, plaintiff.