Synonym: Hector, ballyrag, boss around, browbeat, bully, bullyrag, push around, strong-arm. Similar words: sector, director, collector, inspector, trajectory, the private sector, electoral college, actor. Meaning: ['hektə(r)] n. (Greek mythology) a mythical Trojan who was killed by Achilles during the Trojan War. v. be bossy towards.
Random good picture Not show
1) She does now and then hector a little.
2) I suppose you'll hector me until I phone him.
3) Don't hector my old firend.
4) Hector spent the winter learning how to cope with his blindness.
5) Thigh-deep in the loch, Hector swung round.
6) Achilles was fated to die after Hector.
7) She doesn't hector us about giving up things.
8) But David Beaton's greatest worry was for Hector.
9) He knew Hector and invited him in.
10) Hector fending off a MacIan sword from him.
11) Never preach,(http://sentencedict.com/hector.html) hector or bully.
12) Hector trusted him to guard his back, and concentrated on the men poking spears at him from the front and sides.
13) Then Hector stripped his armor from him and casting his own aside, put it on.
14) Hector sits in the back seat of the front row, nearest the door.
15) Hector had just saved my life(Sentencedict.com), and he and Joe Cutty had great coin on the street.
16) On Friday night Sir Hector made it clear it must separate its milk selling from its milk buying.
17) Hector was heavily muscled with long arms and big, high-knuckled hands that caught sharp and hot metal surfaces and absorbed grease.
18) Another gull swoops down and begins to hector the first one for its food.
19) But Hector, with his booming laugh, was so large and overpowering that he made it worse.
20) The Trojans wish to avenge the death of Hector; their misplaced values mean that patience in adversity is impossible.
21) Luch looked over at Hector for his smile before bowing grave thanks.
22) Hector said forcefully and directly to my father, making my guts jump.
23) Thus adjured, Hector jumped off the bed with a short bark and trotted out of the room.
24) Hector had never said Ewan's name so easily, nor shown such interest and determination in weeks.
25) When the other women had done so, Hector had flared out at them.
26) He didn't hector people or tell them he was going to fight, as Gore did.
27) Rufus had impossibly long arms with the same type of musculature as Hector and Mr Lewis.
28) But they interviewed only one candidate -- former Tucson city councilman and recently retired state employee Hector Morales.
29) There is Achilles, the fearless hothead; the courageous and disciplined Hector; and the wily, imaginative Odysseus.
30) Then he lashed his horses and round and round the walls of Troy he dragged all that was left of glorious Hector.
More similar words: sector, director, collector, inspector, trajectory, the private sector, electoral college, actor, factor, doctor, factory, victory, factor out, contractor, instructor, benedictory, satisfactory, contradictory, check, checkout, check out, check up, check in, apothecary, facto, act on, act out, checkpoint, in the case of, at the cost of.