Synonym: boost, lift, raise. Antonym: degrade. Similar words: elevator, elevation, relevant, irrelevant, eleven, television, alleviate, evaluate. Meaning: ['elɪveɪt] v. 1. give a promotion to or assign to a higher position 2. raise from a lower to a higher position 3. raise in rank or condition.
Random good picture Not show
1. His energy and talent elevate him to godlike status.
2. Good books may elevate the mind.
3. The teacher hoped to elevate the minds of her young pupils by reading them religious stories.
4. Don't elevate your superiors to superstar status.
5. Emotional stress can elevate blood pressure.
6. These drugs may elevate acid levels in the blood.
7. Gradually elevate the patient into an upright position.
8. They want to elevate the status of teachers.
9. The song never failed to elevate his spirits.
10. He used a couple of bolsters to elevate his head.
11. These factors helped to elevate the town into the list of the ten most attractive in the country.
12. Their purpose is to elevate AIDS to the top of government priorities.
13. It was an attempt to elevate football to a subject worthy of serious study.
14. Lie down and elevate your feet.
15. This drug tends to elevate body temperature.
16. He firmly believes music should elevate and inspire its listeners, not lull and numb them.
17. That he might elevate her into the imaginary ranks of some royal court of whiteness.
18. Those moments are nearly profound, and elevate the film above the slacker cliches in which it wallows.
19. It was rare treat, and it helped elevate the film to special status.
20. Stressors of all kinds can elevate blood pressure and induce sudden constriction of the coronary arteries.
21. Through implication, language can diminish or elevate the status of others.
22. Elevate the plate above boiling water, say on an empty tuna can with both top and bottom removed.
22. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
23. We need candidates who can elevate and inspire the American people.
24. Store owners hope to elevate the mall's image to help improve business.
25. Rangers' victory does not elevate the Motherwells and Airdries to a higher plain.
26. In other words we talk to maintain or elevate our apparent status.
27. Aspirate nasogastric tube if indicated. 6 Once conscious gradually elevate patient to upright position.
28. Yet no self-respecting third-party candidate runs for election simply to destroy one big party and elevate the other.
29. Let no one kid us into treating politicians as prophets whom we elevate and then abuse and then stone to death.
30. All the good ideas put forward in these reports will serve only to elevate more people into the region of discontent.
More similar words: elevator, elevation, relevant, irrelevant, eleven, television, alleviate, evaluate, evacuate, private, evaporate, devastate, renovate, motivate, enervate, excavate, privately, motivated, aggravate, captivate, prevaricate, cultivated, deactivate, private school, private property, delegate, the private sector, electorate, accelerate, decelerate.