Synonym: peaceful, quiet, serene, still, tranquil. Antonym: excited, storm, stormy. Similar words: calm down, palm, realm, almost, salmon, alma mater, call, recall. Meaning: [kɑːm] n. steadiness of mind under stress. v. 1. make calm or still 2. make steady 3. become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation 4. cause to be calm or quiet as by administering a sedative to. adj. 1. not agitated; without losing self-possession 2. (of weather) free from storm or wind 3. living without undue worry; taking life easy.
Random good picture Not show
3. His air of calm superiority annoyed her intensely.
4. Her voice was surprisingly calm.
5. The government has appealed for calm.
6. The main thing is to stay calm.
7. He just needs to calm down a wee bit.
8. The sea was as calm as a millpond.
9. The city is calm again after yesterday's riots.
10. She's so calm, nothing seems to faze her.
11. Under his apparent calm lay real anxiety.
12. Yoga gives me a sense of inner calm.
12. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
13. He was well-informed and shrewd, with good, calm judgment.
14. The sea was calm and still.
15. Glen was calm and composed at the funeral.
16. His calm manner slaked their enthusiasm.
17. It took a lot of willpower to stay calm.
18. Her calm expression hid her inward panic.
19. Responding to the news[sentencedict.com], Mr Watt appealed for calm.
20. Her voice sounded calm and resolute.
21. Calm down! I've said I'm sorry.
22. Calm down for a minute and listen to me.
23. Calm down and think carefully.
24. He strove very hard to remain calm.
25. Continual calm reassurance should be given.
26. The calm sea glistened in the sunlight.
27. He is a man of dignity and calm determination.
28. The sea was calm after the storm.
29. Just calm down - shouting won't solve anything!
30. Calm down, there's nothing to worry about.